What NSW comps are on this year?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crusty said:
Any info on who did what in the way of placings in the Grafton / Coffs home brew competitions?
Will put some results up here shortly for Grafton.

It may be me being a bit too sore on negative feedback, but i thought it was pretty close to the Fuller's London Pride i was trying to clone (perhaps a bit too sweet though)

ow do you get second if your the only entry?

most likely, lol
I got silence when i asked if the judges were qualified...
(that may have been a dick move)

Lol, got an email reply from the head steward today
Apparently I was marked down for being "a little bit flat" and "strange aftertaste"
I'll admit i lowered the carbonation (like a real ale usually is) and it's really sweet/caramelly and super malty
maybe not to their tastes (i think it's great)
And as a result I got 15/30 so they decided it didn't warrant a first place

Brewmatt should have the Grafton results

God love the Grafton Show. Arthur had been the steward for a 100yrs. There a funny old mob

barls said:
stu will put up the dates of the castle hill one when he gets a chance.
Yes, we are still working on sponsorships and all that so no flyers yet. But just to let everyone know that the Castle Hill Show comp will be the State comp this year and will be on 23-25th August at the castle hill show grounds. So get brewing to the normal AABC styles and there will be information on prizes and all that stuff coming along before too much longer. :beerbang:

I'm a bit puzzled, according to the Castle Hill Show Society Site the show was held in March. Do they have 2 shows a year or something?

the actual show is in march, the comp is in august as its when is appropriate for us. ie not too long before the nationals. but long enough to rebrew if you really want to.

Aha, so in other words although it's at Castle Hill, it's just the premises leased from the Show Society? Like when I bred and showed dogs in QLD the State Show was at the Ekka at a different time of year, just leased a pavilion?

Got it.

Deja vu? Kevin Rudd gets up and changes the election to the 24th August .. what a way to celebrate our state titles! Thanks Kev.

The day he got elected was the last time the IBUs held the Nationals! (or was it the States?? .. so long ago, so many beers inbetween!)

Kev loves our beer shows!!!

Back