What is your USUAL brewing method?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your usual style of brewing?

• K&K

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • K&K (Adding hops, steeped grains etc)

• BIAB (Or BIA Bucket, etc etc)

• Single vessel system (recirculated, braumiester or clone etc)

• 2v system (esky mashtun and kettle)

• 3V (HLT mashtun and kettle)

• 3v Herms

• 3v Rims

• 4V system

• Total voters

Truman42

Reaction score
Did a few searches but only found an old post from 2007 which was just if you did AG or KK, So thought I would create a new poll (apologies if this has been done recently)

Anyway I'm interested to see how many of us brew K&K vs AG and if so what type of AG method do you use.

I've included all of the brewing styles that I can think of but if yours isnt listed let me know and I will add it to the poll list. Its also multiple choice in case you do two different methods often.

Still K&K + hops for me at the moment, but I'm going BIAB in an urn soon. Picked up a 40 litre Crownie + some other gear from CB the other day and as soon as I use up the last of my cans I'm off to the dark side.

Carniebrew will not be pleased...

I crush and mash malt - and often adjuncts - to produce wort which I boil with hops. When the wort reaches pitching temperature, I ferment and further down the track I keg and drink. The wort production method is really only one stage in the brewing process.

Bribie G said:
I crush and mash malt - and often adjuncts - to produce wort which I boil with hops. When the wort reaches pitching temperature, I ferment and further down the track I keg and drink. The wort production method is really only one stage in the brewing process.
Ok but what equipment do you use to produce wort and boil it with hops?

bum said:
Carniebrew will not be pleased...
Why won't he be happy? Did he post a similar poll? I couldn't find anything recent.

Truman said:
Why won't he be happy? Did he post a similar poll? I couldn't find anything recent.
Think he's referring to the fact that you didn't include extract brewing as an option.

does 3V HERMS mean a 2V system + a herms :blink:

where's 5V?.. my system.. so far..

HLT - HEX - MT - Kettle - (possibly count cube as a 5 already as a vessel).. what about when I add a hopback shortly? will be a 6V HERMS..

:ph34r:

shit now Ive confused myself

lukiferj said:
Think he's referring to the fact that you didn't include extract brewing as an option.
Yeah! Where's "Full Extract" as an option? I'm sick and tired of you bloody mongrels trying to denigrate what is a perfectly acceptable and successful method of brewing. It's people like you who make it hard to enjoy....oh...wait...umm....sorry...those sorts of tirades are best left to the more uhhh, 'sensitive' amongst our brethren. B)

Yob said:
does 3V HERMS mean a 2V system + a herms :blink:

where's 5V?.. my system.. so far..

HLT - HEX - MT - Kettle - (possibly count cube as a 5 already as a vessel).. what about when I add a hopback shortly? will be a 6V HERMS..

:ph34r:

shit now Ive confused myself
Beer... Simple, really.

I dont quite fit right at the moment either. moving form BIAB to 3V and trying to make beer inbetween.

Mash tun is a keg with False bottom, start with a 3:1esk mash and add boiling water to do my steps resulting in a BIAB Liquor to grist at mash out.

Then i do a no sparge.

bright wort not as efficient as my old biab but 75% less break.

WarmBeer said:
Beer... Simple, really.
:lol: really is until the f'king pump shits itself midway through the mash... hang on.. then it's single infusion... :blink:

seems I range from 3 - 6 on a semi regular basis.. maybe I range just on a semi :ph34r:

Yob said:
:lol: really is until the f'king pump shits itself midway through the mash... hang on.. then it's single infusion... :blink:

seems I range from 3 - 6 on a semi regular basis.. maybe I range just on a semi :ph34r:

Yob, with a kid not far away I think your days of ranging on a semi are over. Unless you want to lose two vessels. ;)

Currently 2v system (esky mashtun and kettle) but am seriously thinking about building an electric 3v herms even though i know nothing about electronics and have yet to gain permission from swmbo

Mzungu said:
...and have yet to gain permission from swmbo
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission...

Back on topic, I've recently finished my HERMS setup so have moved from 3V to 3V herms.

Back