What Is This?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanator

Reaction score
I was in Big W this morning checking out the homebrew section and something caught my eye.

BRIGALOW NEW. :blink:

What type of beer is this?

It's like some mystery beer. I can't find anything on the net about it and it had no description on the can.

Anybody know anything about this fugitive?

It's probably like polony. All of the leftovers get chucked into a can and they label it as BRIGALOW NEW.

Brigalow was/is a queensland company, one of the first to produce home brew kits in Australia. My first kit beer 25 yrs ago was a brigalow kit. Unfortunately they taste like their still selling stock from 25 yr ago :huh: :ph34r: . But that is just my personal opinion.

Cheers
Andrew

Ryantor,

Brigalow is an old brand of homebrew and along with Goldrush was responsible for me stopping brewing for over 20 years.

IMHO they are absolute CR..P. Stick with the good kits like Morgans, Coopers and Tooheys.

How's the Choc Honey Porter going??

What about wander kits??, they are filthy mate!!

Wassa said:
Ryantor,

Brigalow is an old brand of homebrew and along with Goldrush was responsible for me stopping brewing for over 20 years.

IMHO they are absolute CR..P. Stick with the good kits like Morgans, Coopers and Tooheys.

How's the Choc Honey Porter going??
[post="73337"][/post]​

Wassup Wassa?

I have heard of many brewers who got a Wander or Brigalow kit as their intro to homebrew and never made another beer again. I have warned a number of people not to take a poor result from their first brew too badly, if it was based on one of these kits.

Have not tasted one of these brands for years, but have had good results with Goldrush, just not recently. Maybe I'll get to taste some Wander beer in the NSW Xmas swap (... but I hope not).

Maybe the kit review site has an update on the current quality of the brands in question?

Seth :p

The guy who was/is the big wig (or brig wig) of Brigalow Grant Sampson released that dreadful book that you see hanging up in Kmart and Big W. "Understanding Beer Making".

Never tried a Brigalow kit, however if they're anything like the book... faggeddaboudit. :excl:

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:
The guy who was/is the big wig (or brig wig) of Brigalow Grant Sampson released that dreadful book that you see hanging up in Kmart and Big W. "Understanding Beer Making".

[post="73378"][/post]​

I've read that book. Complete rubbish. It's like he's just extended the instructions that come with brew kits into a 100 page book.

Back