What is this keg coupler and how do I open it?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have the coupler and the spear hasn't already been sabotaged, just drop 2-3 5C pieces into the bottom of the well and action the coupler - then unscrew the whole spear assembly. The extra length added by the coins de-latches the locking device.
I think the problem the OP has is no coupler and a prefucked keg.
Mark

MHB said:
If you have the coupler and the spear hasn't already been sabotaged, just drop 2-3 5C pieces into the bottom of the well and action the coupler - then unscrew the whole spear assembly. The extra length added by the coins de-latches the locking device.
I think the problem the OP has is no coupler and a prefucked keg.
Mark
CHEAP SKATE!!!
$2 coin does the job well.

Last keg I put a $2 coin, wouldn't give change, it just kept the money.
M

Unfortunately I neither have a coupler nor a functioning spear, but as I mentioned in the last post a 7/8" spanner depresses the lower section of the spear so the plan for the next shed visit is to try and jam the spear down and get the thread turning.

I did discover that a US quarter jams nicely in the top of the spear to allow it to be pressed down with a screwdriver or rod, which is rather easier to hold in place than a spanner.

MastersBrewery said:
CHEAP SKATE!!!
$2 coin does the job well.
A little ball of masking tape works perfectly and doesn't damage the coupler or $2 coin

Sorry for the delay mate, here are the photos of the keg parts I disassembled with a grinder loaded with a thin cut off disc.
There may be a couple of different keg types in the pics, and they may be different to yours.

IMG_20160701_141713313 (Small).jpg

IMG_20160701_141656903 (Small).jpg

IMG_20160701_141746527 (Small).jpg

IMG_20160701_141326935 (Small).jpg

Latest posts

Back