What Is The Best Pressure Fermenter?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Let's Brew Beer

Let's Brew Beer!
Reaction score
There are so many products out there its impossible to cover them all, so here a small snippet of a select few of the more well-known Pressure Fermenters that are available. Check This Out!

There are so many products out there its impossible to cover them all, so here a small snippet of a select few of the more well-known Pressure Fermenters that are available. Check This Out!
Check this out, who in their right minds would purchase this? Is it the dummies?

wasnt supposed to blow the bloody door off.jpg

Looks to me like a pressure fermenter has exploded and blown the door off the fridge!
If someone is selling that as a pressure rated vessel, I hope they have good lawyers (no let's not start it up again WEAL - a pic being worth a1000 words...point made)
Mark

It takes me back to whether the airlock was bubbling or not...

Operator error more likely. Any independent background info available on what exactly happened?

If you desigh a potential bomb its your job to design it fail safe!
M

Any pressure vessel can explode if taken over its max working pressure. Was the pressure relief valve(s) set correctly. Need to know the background before jumping to conclusions.

With regards to the picture I agree with MHB, let's not go down that rabbit hole again.

As far as the OP goes I think the video falls short of giving a good overview of what's actually available at the moment and doesn't really explain a lot of the differences all that well. Good intentions I'm sure but the execution seemed a bit rushed. Maybe a redo or part 2 is needed.

Fail Safe means when the user is a complete idiot they still don’t get injured or killed.
A new SS 50L keg will have a burst patch in its bottom, an area deliberately designed to fail before the keg explodes. in failing it lets all the beer and gas out of the keg in a controlled manner.
This type of thinking is now de-rigueur.
Idiot proof everything
Mark
1658319139866.png

Fail Safe means when the user is a complete idiot they still don’t get injured or killed.
A new SS 50L keg will have a burst patch in its bottom, an area deliberately designed to fail before the keg explodes. in failing it lets all the beer and gas out of the keg in a controlled manner.
This type of thinking is now de-rigueur.
Idiot proof everything
Mark
View attachment 122414
Were you there? There are a multitude of possibilities. Maybe the user had damaged the vessel, blocked safety ports with gunk. You need to get the facts first. Knee jerk reactions don't help.

I think WEAL is reporting this on behalf of someone else, so not sure what facts are available.

Please add WEAL if you know more?

The picture may be the only crime scene evidence.

What was in that thing? I can see no evidence of contents sprayed or spilled anywhere. I agree with Brewman, much more evidence needed before I can be convinced about what happened here.

Is brew shed in Ukraine after Russian Army done looting.

The photo was from the kegland Facebook group.

Kegland has either removed it or whoever created the stunt has taken it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back