What Hops In Coopers 62 Pilsener?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yum beer

Not in the house, you've got a shed..
Reaction score
can anyone tell me what hops are used in the coopers 62 pilsener and LCPA.
I tried one each of these today and found the hop flavour to be fairly similar, problem is I didn't like it.
would like to know so I can rule that hop out of any recipe creation. :huh:

I read somewhere that it has Saaz flavour in it

I heard that little creatures use Goldings and Cascade for bittering then flavour with Cascade and then use Cascade and Chinook flowers for aroma/

btw: LCPA ftw.

Think Coopers 62 like most pilsners in Sazz, LCPA from my understanding was chinook and Cascade. But i think the Chinhook has now changed?
How could you not like LCPA?
What are some beers you do like?

The Chinook has now been replaced with Galaxy in LCPA I believe.

Coopers 62 uses Saaz and Hersbruker.

These are some great hops your taking off your list.

You mention that they are simliar but they are indeed very differently flavoured hops/beers. I think some more tasting is in order to sharpen your palate and to learn to recognise different flavours. Damn, what an awful thing to go through :icon_drunk: All in the name of science of course :icon_cheers:

It may just be that you haven't tried many beers with late hop additions and these aromas and flavours taste unfamiliar to you. Just a thought...

I tried a six of Coopers 62 when it came out and couldn't discern any hops whatsoever.

could be that both beers were badly handled at the local, ran by a pair of chicks sharing one brain from what I can tell.

I am aware of the difference in the hops used, the lingering 'dirtiness' was similar in both.
Have enjoyed plenty of beers with the hops listed,
maybe just these beers.

Latest posts

Back