What Happens With A Blackout

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droughtmaster

Reaction score
just wondering what happens if one of these happens black/brown out how do these recover anyone had any experience with this and would they run on a tradies genie i wonder

drought

Whenever I have a blackout I have to go to Video Ezy and hire the disc so I can catch up with the bits I missed whilst slumped unconscious in front of the TV. :ph34r:

flick off your mains and see what happens

Shit. Just did that. Wierd.

Did a search but couldn;t find the answer. but

I reckon Pint of lager (a poster not often seen here anymore) had the answer.

If no one can find the link, it was a log-fired kettle.

cheers

tnd

cheers

tnd

Which also made some pretty good beers, Oktoberfests (edit, now that I am remembering better it was Viennas) especially. Pity that like many, she disappeared in the noise caused by people making beer in their Grannies old curtains......

decided on the pol of answers here ill what papasian has always said relax have a home brew i was just curious as u guys over east have a a lets say a less permanent power supply was just curious take a chill pill

decided on the pol of answers here ill what papasian has always said relax have a home brew i was just curious as u guys over east have a a lets say a less permanent power supply was just curious take a chill pill

Could you repeat that in English.

if you flick the power off mid boil, the BM remembers where it was up to in the cycle, so if it is just a short outage nothing too untoward will happen. As for a brown out I would unplug it ASAP! it will fee the circuitry.

if you flick the power off mid boil, the BM remembers where it was up to in the cycle, so if it is just a short outage nothing too untoward will happen. As for a brown out I would unplug it ASAP! it will fee the circuitry.

+1

I'd have that bling on a safe circuit. A lightning strike in your neighbourhood would fry it quicker than you could say, "two thousand dollars."

ask Pocket Beers - he tested it well at Ross's during system wars when the power tripped constantly. It just kept going and the beer at the end of it was brilliant. These were only short lived blackouts - long enough to stop Ross serving customers because all of his computers were out. :(

Manticle was pretty handy with a weber in his early days wasn't he?

Manticle was pretty handy with a weber in his early days wasn't he?

gave it a go and it comes up with error do yoy want to continue so all good there i guess as long as it didnt go on for two long
thanks drought

Back