What Happens When Pollux Gets Bored?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You agree that the trouble with homebrewers is that they have a completely ad hoc "method" for designing and making beers?

Wow I see where all the hate is coming from, none of you seem to understand his point either... Gotta admit it was worded in such a way to cause a bit of discussion, but if none of you are even willing to try and understand the point, well this is a futile argument.

Being creative and chucking all your old spare hops into the kettle are two different things.

I agree. There's absolutly nothing creative about throwing all your leftovers together. Experimental, sure - creative, no. Although the wording is my only gripe, as for what Pollux actually did (as an experiment) is great, why not 'give it a go' and see what the outcome is. In this case, it sounds like it turned out to be a great beer. So congrats to the brewer concerned

Creativity? i think not.....this is just throw everything in and see what happens..Theres no way all those different hops will work together...tettanger pepperyness, sauvin passionfruit etc......oh well

This is probably because homebrewers are obsessed with high gravity, hop loaded, in your face beers. And tend too overlook elegant, subtle beers that have complexity, balance and structure.

Sometimes this site is just full of " how can i brew a brown ale belgian trappist AIPA hybrid!!!! ahhh

This is what you are agreeing with.

We're unreasonable.

Thanks for the support sammus!!

Honestly a forum is somewhere where people can express their opinions. I expressed my opinion and people told me i couldnt do that. If you look back over the discussion you will see that it is mostly other peoples diffensiveness and attacks on me which have kept this going on. My comments have been antagonistic, but they werent an attack on anyone personally, so why such a strong response!! Its like ive hit a sore spot dare i say.

Anyways its all fun and games till somebody loses their stubby
nashmandu

I think it was your wording that set everyone off...

Brewers can be a sensitive bunch sometimes :p

Creativity? i think not.....this is just throw everything in and see what happens..Theres no way all those different hops will work together...tettanger pepperyness, sauvin passionfruit etc......oh well

Fruit and pepper go perfectly together....

mmmmmmmm hopburts! Im brewing one next... my last brew was an alt, but that's for my boy.

Cliff Notes:

Brewer got bored and created a hop schedule from what he had in stock, cause he'd not done it before. Brewed, fermented, enjoyed with mates.

I love this hobby.

Bahahaha, Love the cliff notes....

They describe this thread well before it became a bitching fest.

Keeps my days interesting to say the least! Can't believe this thread is still going FFS.

I could so go another round of finger pointing and name calling with ya Mr Nash but lets find mischief elsewhere! Peace and Beers

Chappo

such a defeatist attitude chappo, you'd nearly won, Nash had started arguing about the argument, the lines had been broken, they're pulling back...ATTACK :lol: :lol:

Bahaahha, katie, I was actually starting the think the same thing....

He hasn't been about since the whole Anzac Day thread boiled over, although the Queens B'Day long weekend is up soon.......

Ive still got todo my ode to 60min IPA. except im scared to use galaxy again, the 1st time i used it the passionfruit was very overwhelming. i might do a 50/50 sub with it and something else.
Nelsun/Galaxy is a match made in heaven. Leave galaxy for the late additions.

Lloyd

Back