What Fun!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewinski

Reaction score
Hey there,

Joined a little while ago, and forgot to introduce myself ... I have just started my journey around mid July, so it is all new and exciting ... so much to learn, so many beers to brew.

I began life hating beer, then someone gave me a Leffe Blonde, and oh my, did that change things ... had no idea beer didn't need to taste like bad water. From there, the search has continued ... can't take much commercial beer, even some of the Crafty stuff that feels subdued, to cater to the masses ... love a good raw Balls-out Ale, plenty of tasty/smelly hops, large ABV's ... and good friends to share them with.

Have already had great responses to queries made, love the forum and the attitude on it ... very helpful and supportive.

Started with Extract, and by 3rd Brew thought I would have a go at BIAB ... will be opening a bottle of that in about 2 weeks (can't wait).... felt it was a natural progression, since we Aussies invented it, I believe :)

Have been on a brewing mission since starting, with a brew every weekend (Longer ferments with some are messing with this plan though:)

If it is anything like drawing, I heard you have about 80,000 bad drawing in you, so you need to start drawing early to get past that :)

cheers

B

G'day Brewinski,

I like your attitude to brewing. Please don't lose that. Keep experimenting. Never accept complacency. Try every style. Invent new styles. Participate in case swaps. Get some beer judge training.

Love the brew life!

Hey Barley Bomber, (had to take a little moment quietly laughing at your moniker)

weirdly, I have wandered into a shop or 2 along my recently acquired brew habit ... and got told not to do some things that I am doing ... so I have gone "online" with all my ordering now... and don't get lectured :)

It feels like the only one that knows what's really going on, is the Beer ... it knows better than the rest of us, we just have to align with that, then we can learn to go beyond ... Great Artists/painters know it ... practice all the skills one has to acquire (good and bad), once achieved, don't think about them any more, just create.

I am still on the uptake ... but I won't listen to negativity, well I will, but I will likely push harder in the perceived wrong direction.... unless what I am doing is bordering on insanity, I may turn an ear to it then, but likely not change course :)

Back