What flavour beer do you like?(APA, IPA, or Belgium Dubel etc)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably easier to say I don't really like lambics, fruit beers, or hefeweizens.

The main ones I brew are American browns, ambers, pales, IPA's, and dark lagers. ESB's, stouts, Belgians and porters for the winter months.

IPAs SN Torpedo or Ballast Point Bigeye every day would suit me. Pity I can't brew anything that comes near.

Not surprisingly, I like :wub: hop forward beers, but Im also getting to quite like English beers, stouts and can even go a saison or two every so often.. seems that my tastes seem to be evolving and broadening. Once apon a time, if it wasnt a Coopers Pale Ale, I wouldnt come at it. :blush: (Not to big to admit it)

damn I do love a massive punch in the face from a big IPA though.

Depends on the season, time of day, food, company, etc, etc...

Basically there isn't a style I don't enjoy if it is made well.

JD

Loving Belgians at present. Haven't brewed an English ale for ages. Love them too

Had a nice ale the other day Golden nail summer hoppy ale
The more micros the better love the choice
Also bought a wicked elf pale ale with the nail really enjoyed both

There are very few styles I don't like but I tend to brew a lot of Belgian and English ales. I brew one or two APAs or AIPAs a year but that's usually just so I can use up my home grown hops.

I've brewed a few lagers over the last couple of years but the amount of work involved vs. the payback isn't that high for me so 1 or 2 a year is plenty. :)

I dont like to limit myself to drinking one style of beer, I like a range of different styles, however my faves would have to be any of the "pale" ale styles I.E APA, IPA and all derivatives of those, porters, and ive also grown fond of hefeweizens as well, which i never used to like at all - great quaffers on a hot day really quenches the thirst.

I like every style ive tried so far. But my favourite always changes with the temperature. I prefer a nice cold pilsner in the heat or a wheat beer. In the cold im loving the big boozy Belgian's or IIPA's etc....Always got time for a english bitter through the pump.

Lots, but I can't stand the shit that tastes like dirty creek water

I also don't have any fixed beer which i keep on drink, its depend upon my company what to drink, i am comfortable with 3-4 brands

Yob said:
Not surprisingly, I like :wub: hop forward beers, but Im also getting to quite like English beers, stouts and can even go a saison or two every so often.. seems that my tastes seem to be evolving and broadening. Once apon a time, if it wasnt a Coopers Pale Ale, I wouldnt come at it. :blush: (Not to big to admit it)

damn I do love a massive punch in the face from a big IPA though.
+100,000,000

English malty beers FTW. Saisons in the summer, Weiss in Summer, those clovy christmassy heavy beers in the winter. IPA's all year round. dark beer in winter, Guinness on St Patrick's Day. Lagers when any other liquid is scarce (like in the middle of Simpson desert).

Pretty much everything but my favourite styles would have to be APAs, IPAs and English bitters. Also enjoy a porter/stout and German style lager every now and then. I brew a lot of APAs, a few English bitters, one batch of porter/stout a year and also a few German lagers which I'm tinkering with to get it to my taste. One thing I haven't tried to brew yet is an IPA so that one is on the to do list soon. :)

All winter, I was drinking nothing but porters, with the occasional Belgian thrown in. With the warmer weather coming on, I've been taking more to APAs, Pilseners, with the occasional GB or dry cider. I always match with food, though. Does it make me a bad person if I choose the food based off the beer I want?

with that lovely summer warmth pouring sweat down my back, if it's cold, wet, and well balanced, it's good!

Until I started brewing in 2010 because I thought that it would be a cheaper option I liked beer that tasted like carbonated water bittered with pride of ringwood served at -1 degree.

Three years on and now I like anything that's tastes like real beer, although preferably not POR flavoured water.

But as far as a style that I'd be happy to drink every day: APA.

(Oh, yes, now 90% of the beer I drink is made by either myself or friends... and I'd spend significantly more on beer and related stuff now than I did back in the day)

thedragon said:
(Oh, yes, now 90% of the beer I drink is made by either myself or friends... and I'd spend significantly more on beer and related stuff now than I did back in the day)
I've been brewing for about a year now. In that time, I would have spent at least twice as much in the name of beer as in the last half dozen years. No regrets.

Back