What Does Your Lady Drink

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mainly beer since she met me. Doesn't drink that often but she is surprisingly ungirly in her tastes, enjoying stouts and porters and APAS/AIPAS as well as ESB and the occasional kriek.

We're both partial to good scotch and a cgnac from time to time and a G/T in summer.

The girly things she does like are things like Irish Cream but she'll have a cup of tea most times before any kind of alcohol.

my missus would be lucky to drink twice a year. anything i make just tastes like beer to her. she did like my cider when i use to play around with oztops and i always said i'd put a keg of cider on one day for her. it would take her 2 years to get through it though...

i'm taking her to a food and beer pairing next week so hopefully she might like something there. two birds is part of the first course and thats a top drop. fingers crossed.

-Phill

Wifey likes the wheat beers, American Wheat, Hefe, etc also likes porter and oatmeal stout. I did also make a Blackberry Wit and she managed to drink that one in fairly quick time.

Anything that is not high or mid IBU and has on occasion mentioned that the beer at home is far better than most other places.

Mine can't even smell beer without it making her gag.

I've got a ginger beer on tap for her atm. Thinking of putting down a cider some time soon.

Stout and cider, like any good Irish lass. ;)

Mine hates pretty much everything I make and everything I buy. I still get her to taste everything though - her palate is pretty good. As soon as she's stopped making her beer face :icon_vomit: she'll say something like "It tastes like jackfruit, but not fresh jackfruit, tinned jackfruit" and then I taste it again and she's on the money.

Go hard or go home.

Stout is the favourite and the odd porter. Other than that its pink bubbly crap.

Mine's a predominantly red wine (black label mcguigans... may not be the most expensive, but not a bad drop for <$10) and port drinker.

Although when it comes to beers, she enjoyed a few fruity A(I)PA's, ginger beer (made for family xmas), and a mixed berry saison I made for her.

One of her favourite purchased beers so far has been Lindemans Lambic Framboise.

I got to try a sip of it....

Sponge

She drinks anything that I brew apart from Wheat, she doesn't like the yeast.

She will drink lagers, pale ales, porters, stouts, IPA, IIPA, even an 100+IBU 11.5% IIPA that I made recently.

This is a bit of a problem as it's hard enough to keep a steady supply up for myself, and Im not too keen on whest beer myself.

My wife doesn't drink heaps but she'll try everything I make. She generally likes stouts and irish red ale, my imperial stout is one of her favourites. She's not a fan of much bitterness though so my pales and ipas are safe. She also didn't mind a berliner weisse I brewed.

Same as others have said......"Taste's like beer" is all I get to anything she tries. She's into her wines, creams, alcopops and loves Midori. The plan is to try a melon cider at some stage.

I've currently got my fingers crossed for a Raspberry Wheat that's bottle conditioning atm.....I split a batch of Thomas Coopers Wheat K&K once finished, dropped 15lrtrs of it onto 500gm of raspberries for 7 days....let's see.

She drinks what I tell her to drink.

Heh heh.

Wow. Some tough audiences there.
We have been on a beerfest through Germany & cz in our early days, so signs were promising from the start.

Mostly she thinks everything I make is good, but now & then she has a "that's awesome" moment.
ATM she is into my Pale Belgian. 7% too.
I have some aging in a Port Barrel, which she tastes every fortnight or so and is dying to keg & carb.
Overall, a great beer partner. Never any beer complaints in our house.

Similiar story to some others here.

Only drank wine previously and hated beer as it was too bitter ( XXXX Gold too ).

Now she likes them all.

In a diabolical state at present as due to some bad planning 3 of my four taps are dry, how did that happen?

Asked her want she wanted me to make, the quickest to make was first reply , followed up by:
Wheat
Black
IPA

Can't complain

I must admit those of us who have wives that drink beer are very lucky.
You dont need to spend money on wine or spirits as they drink your HB. And its a lot cheaper when you go out for dinner ordering two beers.

And its a lot easier to convince them to call into a microbewery to try a new beer. ;)

I must admit those of us who have wives that drink beer are very lucky.
You dont need to spend money on wine or spirits as they drink your HB. And its a lot cheaper when you go out for dinner ordering two beers.

And its a lot easier to convince them to call into a microbewery to try a new beer. ;)

All the wine I make. I am trying to save some of the strawberry rhubarb (its pretty dry) but she keeps finding where I hide it. She likes my mock chardonnay and the strawberry Zin too but the Rhubie she is all over

nothing but coke zero and pepsi max

more beer for me yippieeeeeeee!

seriously in ten years ive seen her have about 4 drinks of some vodka crap

Back