• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

What do you want on the front portal?

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

What do you want on the front portal?

• Keep it with News and Announcements

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recipes from the Kitchen

• External Beer News/Info

• Something else....please explain!

• Total voters

dane

Reaction score
I have been working on some new features of the site but I want to see what people think of the front page. I'm happy with the layout, but for a site based around brewing, I find it a little boring to have the News and Announcement sections ported from the forums to the portal.

What do you want to see?

I am working on some idea for a recipe database where people can post proper recipes (ingredients, measures, volumes, comments, instructions) which I think would be a nice feature for the site. These recipees (maybe the most popular ones) could be posted on the fron page.

Let me know what you think and I will make the changes.

sboulton

Reaction score
i like what you have done and am happy as it stands

well done its a grass roots level oz brew site !! :D

:chug:
simon

Vindaloo

Bouncer
Reaction score
Personally I'd like to see some more external linkage. Of course, this is just my preference, but it'd be great to go to a single site to get a good discussion forum and all my beer news needs at the same time.

So, yeah, that's what I voted for.

Vinds.

bL@De

Reaction score
A bit of a mixture I think would be the go assuming there is enough time to do so.

External links, recipes, news etc

This would then give it everything you could want.

PostModern

Iron Wolf Brewery
Reaction score
I don't think you should limit the portal to one thing. A mixture of news from the web, links to interesting threads from the forums (like new and good recipes etc), and a bunch of whatever. The key is to update it a little more often than you presently do is all :) If there is new content on the front page a couple of times a week, the site will get a little more attention. Not that we haven't get some great and informative posters here already!

RegBadgery

Reaction score
I don't usually look at the front page - I just like straight to the forums. This is no comment or judgement on the front page - it's just how I use discussion lists - go straight to the postings.

cheers
reg

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
If you are looking for a recipe app, that also uses PHP and mySQL then check out Cyberbrau.

Cheers,
Doc

dane

Reaction score
Doc said:
If you are looking for a recipe app, that also uses PHP and mySQL then check out Cyberbrau.
Doc,
I have been looking at this script/app for a little while now - it was planned that I was going to work on a Metric version and implement it into the site - obviosuly changing the layout/features to be applicable on this site.

While this still is an option, lack of spare time isn't making it easy - not only that, but I am still learning my PHP :-0

If you are a PHP guru or know someone that would be interested in doing a conversion let me know.

I think ultimately I would love to have a Recipe Database, its just finding time to customise and develop one.

G

funnily enough I almost completed a conversion of it to metric units etc.
However the reason I didn't quite get it finished is the fudge factors I was having to put into the calculations to keep some of the extrapolated information correct such as hop bitterness.
It got to the point that I was almost re-writing it.
So I thought I would just write my own instead.
However I haven't got to it either.
Between work, a new baby, and brewing, there isn't enought time left.

Beers,
Doc

Latest posts