What Do You Guys Think Will Happen?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mje1980

Old Thunder brewery
Reaction score
After tasting tt's "hop monster" i want to experiment. I have made myself a dry hopper ( the hopinator ) that will assure no floating hop matter. Anyway, tomorrow i will be brewing my house ale, an ordinary bitter at 1040, and about 4%. I want to dry hop the following:

15g each of:

Hallertau
Cascade
Northern brewer
Pacific gem
EKG
Fuggles
Spalt.
Hersbrucker

Total of 120g. What do you guys think this will taste like??, Is this too much hops for this gravity beer?? will it be at least drinkable???. Also, should i dry hop in 2ndary, or the keg??. Any advice would be appreciated.

P.S AM I CRAZY????

mje1980 said:
After tasting tt's "hop monster" i want to experiment. I have made myself a dry hopper ( the hopinator ) that will assure no floating hop matter. Anyway, tomorrow i will be brewing my house ale, an ordinary bitter at 1040, and about 4%. I want to dry hop the following:

15g each of:

Hallertau
Cascade
Northern brewer
Pacific gem
EKG
Fuggles
Spalt.
Hersbrucker

Total of 120g. What do you guys think this will taste like??, Is this too much hops for this gravity beer?? will it be at least drinkable???. Also, should i dry hop in 2ndary, or the keg??. Any advice would be appreciated.

P.S AM I CRAZY????
[post="62543"][/post]​

Have you ever tried the clippings from your lawn mower?

Steve

That good huh?, maybe i should reconsider??

chiller said:
Have you ever tried the clippings from your lawn mower?

Yep would have to agree with that prediction (from experience unfortunately :().

As for what it will taste like, I think you would have to ask your drain after you have tipped the beer down it.

Beers,
Doc

tasted lawn clippings, i recon it will be similar to the lawn clippings of someone that has several large dogs that eat spent grain

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: had a shit house day today,thanks for the laughs fellas.

Yes, you are crazy. :)

Seriously, the beer may not be drinkable now - but
if you wait a year or two, it will mellow out into
some nice flavours.

Fella's, im not a fan of lawn mower clippings for breakfast, so i will have to get back to reality haha. I have just mashed in and i have decided to add 15g each of EKG, Fuggles, and Northern brewer at 15 mins, then put the hopinator in the keg with 15-20g EKG. Sound better for flavour and aroma???, im thinking in a 1040 bitter, it will be hoppy enough. If it works i can always ramp it up next time !!

That much dryhops would add astringency that would take some time to mellow out (my IPA had 90g whole Goldings for 12 months, so I know)

I would never dryhop with pellets, then it would be lawn clippings

Jovial Monk

Back