What Do You Brew & How Do You Store It?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does AG = Kegs & Partials = Bottles?

• I AG Brew - Bottle my beer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I AG - Keg my Beer

• I AG Brew - Bottle & Keg my Beer

• I K&K / Partial Brew - Bottle my Beer

• I K&K / Partial Brew - Keg my Beer

• I K&K / Partial Brew - Bottle & Keg my Beer

• Total voters

Black Dog Brewery

Reaction score
Hi All,
Just a silly question that has been rolling around my head. I was just curious what everyone does.

I Partial brew and bottle but I am in the process of switching to Kegging.

Cheers BDB

I partial and bottle but I'm not clicking an option that covers K&K. partials and kits & kilos are worlds apart I reckon.

I do all of the above. K&E, partials and AG. I mainly bottle, but I have a nice little 10 litre keg as well, and more to come.

Kai said:
I partial and bottle but I'm not clicking an option that covers K&K. partials and kits & kilos are worlds apart I reckon.
[post="53678"][/post]​

Have to agree with Kai on this one
Needs partial & extract styles
I keg all my brews, have a fermenting fridge, so do both ale & lager styles
Have 4 19Lt and 1 45Lt kegs, the 45Lt is only used for filtering purposes.

Normell

AG & bottle but going to kegs soon

i bottle and k&k at the moment but may go to kegging in the near future when i can afford the setup

AG & keg... the few I bottle are just for comps...

Yep, all of the above.

I have bottles (many), kegs (2 X 45 l + several 5 litre pressed steel jobs, too).

Sometimes I just want a simple beer, and will go with extract only or kit + extract. Have done a few partial mash lately and several ag.

Why limit yourself? Horses for courses, people!

My worst prob: I am yet to keg an ag beer. Maybe soon. Still gotta get used to dispensing first, since I had a bit of a foaming issue last batch. No point wasting a really nice batch is there?

Seth :p

The more I keg, the more I like it !

Bottles are definately loosing ground.
I bought and connected the third keg last week, the fourth to follow next week

The K&K and the extract & grains all get kegged in preerence to bottles now

Kegs! :super:

(Is there any other way?) ;)

The only times I ever bottle is the occasional Belgian strongish ales and Barley Wines. Once in a blue moon.

Warren -

warrenlw63 said:
Kegs! :super:

(Is there any other way?) ;)

The only times I ever bottle is the occasional Belgian strongish ales and Barley Wines. Once in a blue moon.

Warren -
[post="53812"][/post]​

Yeah, but do you know what "Once in a blue moon." means ???

Normell

Keg and bottle the excess.
I'm actually planning to go down to 10L kegs and build up my bottle reserves. That way I can have a choice of beers to stop me from drinking the ones that are conditioning.

Plus theres no way in hell that I'm taking my 9KG gas bottle to a party :)

I do all grain and bottle all my beer, and store it in the garage in milk creates. I also ferment & CC my largers in the fridge in the garage.

Good Day
I mash and bottle. Usually 8 to 10 750 ml bottles and 30 to 40 stubbies a batch. multiply this by approx. 366 batches and that is a lot of bottles. I like variation. I can have 3 to 4 beers a night for 4 to 5 nights (or more) and not drink the same beer twice. It is easier to compare my bottled version against the commercial original (I still can't get that pilsener urquell character). Bottling can be a pain but I see it as a time for peace, solitude and appreciation of all the CD's I never get time to listen to.
I agree that kegging is easier but I like my beer in bottles.

Latest posts

Back