What Did You Get For Xmas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducatiboy stu

Reaction score
I got

Bottle Russel Reserve 10yr small batch bourbon :drinks:

Analon meat cleaver :icon_drool2:

Set of small ceramic baking trays... for doing crem'e brulie etc... ;)

But...alas, nothing brew related

A bottle of Glenmorangie and a peck on the cheek. I'm easy to please!

Cheese making kit from sister in law who didn't get off her arse and drive for 10 minutes to get it. Instead she ordered online and it's not here on xmas day.

From father in law, 4 alloy wheels for my disco plus a new seat. Oh he also got me a DAB stein and 1 litre can.

Nothing else comes close. SWMBO did get me new Levi's though.

Kegging gear. It came over a period of time but was my xmas and birthday prezzy from SWMBO.
Beermasons summer pack from myself.
Father in law got me a voucher - for my wifes' fave. homewares store. She may or may not be joking when she tells me that she told the rest of her family to get me the same. Hmm, they do sell bottle openers, and thermometers...

Stone brewery book and Gordon strongs new book

Books...The Homebrewer's Recipe Guide, Pale Ale (Foster), and The Oxford Companion to Beer (2 out of 3 is not bad). Missus failed to pick up the hint for Gordon Strong's book...oh well...

Best of all...a leave pass to brew on Boxing day!

Craft brewer voucher, a great steam boat set up for chinese tucker, DVD of all the Planet of the Ape Movies (the old ones), aftershave and all my sons and their ladies here for chrissy...................the last one tops the lot!

I got to drive to xmas lunch where my knob jockey of a brother -in-law didn't want to let us bring the pram inside because the wheels would dirty the the carpet...he then wouldn't turn on the AC as apparently there was too many people there and it wouldn't work properly...apparently he is a mechanical plumber who installs ac...and apparently not a good one....
In other news...
Got a $50 Bunnings voucher in Kris Kringle....
Bought me some beers at Dan Murphys....

Same brother inlaw that broke a mates nose......

Good news is, Dans will fix everything :beerbang:

Two kids.

Shitty Christmas for real.

Same brother inlaw that broke a mates nose......

Good news is, Dans will fix everything :beerbang:
no...
he was actually good yesterday...had a lovely lunch at his
Nah this is my sisters husband...and she was in tears when we turned up as he didn't wasnt the wifes parents coming as they were "strangers" and he didn't want them in his house....dickwad was then smoking a cigar in the house with a 8 month old baby about...
Anyway...might open that beer here barley wine !
F

A bottle opener & it got plenty of use after stopping in the Yarragon (Gippsland, Victoria) Bottle Shop, great selection of beers there by the way, even a substantial range of lambics, I saw half a dozen at a glance but didnt scan the whole shelves.

bottle_opener_cap.JPG

Two kids.

Shitty Christmas for real.

:lol: PMSL...... i instantly thought you went to the loo for a No.2 twice Bum :p

I got a bottle of Laphroaig Tripple Wood :)

Aside from the heap of stuff I've bought for myself I got two Perlick Flow Control taps, Mashmaster Chillout Mk3, Beer and Brewer Subscription and moolah.

:lol: PMSL...... i instantly thought you went to the loo for a No.2 twice Bum :p
No, but the youngest of the them did just get No.2 all over my hand if that counts.

Barely held in the mouthful of puke. I'd have been unpopular had I not - wipes are costing enough as it is without having to get my spew off her too.

Latest posts

Back