What Could It Be ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smoop

Reaction score
So I have had my pale ale conditioning in my dark cupboard for the past 3 weeks and thought I would have a look and see how clear my beer is through the bottle. The beer was nice and clear but due to the movement of taking it from the cupboard to the window I disturbed the beer a little and noticed small pieces of "something" sinking from the very top of the bottle towards the bottom.
What could this be ?
Is it normal for something like this to be on top of the beer ? (They looked to be the size of maybe a grain of sugar)
It was not anything from the bottom of the bottle as I did not disturb the beer very much at all, it was definitely from the very top of the beer ?
Should I be worried ?

I know it would be best to open one but it is not cold yet and is in the fridge chilling. I will definitely open it later as if it is just something normal I would rather drink a cold beer than a warm one any day :)

Paul.

Probably just a clump of yeast that has been carried up with a CO2 bubble, when you moved the bottle the bubble dethatched and the yeast clump sank, could be lots of other things but wouldnt worry, go by taste.
Mark

Probably just a clump of yeast that has been carried up with a CO2 bubble, when you moved the bottle the bubble dethatched and the yeast clump sank, could be lots of other things but wouldnt worry, go by taste.
Mark

Thanks Mark.

Latest posts

Back