What can we expect in 2019?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeener

Reaction score
So what kind of new products do we think will be coming to market in 2019 or what do we think will change in the land of home brewing in 2019??

I haven't seen it yet, due in at the end of this month for trialing, a fermentation jacket, hopefully a chance for those folk using outdated high energy fridges to ferment their beer cheaply. I am told it will accommodate up to a 50 litre keg. Will try and get hold of one to do a candid review.

http://www.gotta-brew.com/

this sort of thing or a compressor driven jacket?

imo old school fridges of appropriate size don't use much energy as ferment chambers and again imo the cost benefit would have to be large for me to swap a fridge out to save $$$

be interesting to see what you talking about

Will it be able to cold crash and still be as energy efficient as a fridge (especially here where I get 47c days)?
I'm going to say no

As it's a fermentation jacket I would say no, I think 2 or 4 degrees was the lowest temperature, but with an ambient temperature like 47c I would very much doubt it, that is some serious heat.

Anymore information on these fermetation jackets WEAL, I am running a bit short on space and I have my name down on a Guten s/steel fermenter.

Back