What Can I Make With This Lot

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fergi

Reaction score
hi guys
i have aquired 14 kg of light malt extract,i have por and another hops that i cant remember the name of at the moment,some dark crystal malt,1084 irish ale yeast,34/70 lager yeast and 1272 american ale yeast,any ideas on a recipe to start using all this malt i have lying around. cheers
fergi

fergi said:
hi guys
i have aquired 14 kg of light malt extract,i have por and another hops that i cant remember the name of at the moment,some dark crystal malt,1084 irish ale yeast,34/70 lager yeast and 1272 american ale yeast,any ideas on a recipe to start using all this malt i have lying around. cheers
fergi
[post="77017"][/post]​

Hmmm, this is a bit like "Iron Chef" ain't it!! :D

14kg of LME = 3 x 21L batches.

Brew 1 - German Dark Lager - 5kg LME, 250g of Dark Crystal and the 34/70 lager yeast. Bitter with a small amount of PoR and toss some of the other hops in with 20 mins to go in the boil (assuming the other hops are not PoR!!) for flavour/aroma.

Brew 2 - Irish Amber Ale - 4.5kg LME, 200g of Dark Crystal and 1084 yeast. Bitter with PoR and save the rest of other hops for brew 3...Jeez, I wish you could tell us what the other hops are? If they're Goldings then use them for bittering and leave out the PoR.

Brew 3 - US Lawnmower Beer - 4.5kg LME, PoR to bitter and use the other hops for flavour/aroma with 20mins to go in the boil. 1272 US Ale yeast to ferment.

How does that look? Obviously these are recipes made on the fly and are not truly representative of the three beer styles, but heck, have fun when you brew and leave the worrying about beer styles to somebody else! B)

Cheers,
TL

Hey TL,

3 batches from from 14kg of LME. You must like your beers strong.

Average 21 lt batch uses about 3 to 3.5kg of LME. I'd be Iron Cheffing in a 4th brew. :lol:

Divide 14kg of LME between 3 brews you'd get an OG of roughly 1.065 per brew. Sounds good to me though. :beerbang:

Warren -

Latest posts

Back