What brewgear did you get for xmas 16

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again not gear but this seems to have become brew related more than just gear so - Rochefort glass and a Leffe glass this morning. Leffe Royale included in this month's IBC sixer so made short work of that.

I did my back in erecting the Festivus Pole.

After my lovely bride slipped a few of these into my Christmas stocking,
it's time for the Festivus Feats of Strength!!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1482642187.945777.jpg

I received a new MK 11 pump as I dropped my little brown pump and broke the outlet on it . Wooooo hooo . Back to semi automatic brewing and less manual labour . Although I won't be brewing for at least 4 - 6 weeks as I broke my leg .

Not brew related, but I got a soda stream which I have been wanting aside from kegging gear. I go though a lot of soda/mineral water when I'm not drinking beer.

And I bought myself a couple of nice beers to have Christmas day. Rogue cold coffee infusion ipa and a pulp fiction ipa.

not so much brew gear as I just got my brewery up and running, capital expenditure is exhausted this year...

Mrs got me some books and a mate from work got me Palmers "water" book as I told him water is next on my brewducation list.

I did get a "bonus brew" leave pass to be used over the break so two brew days in the next week or two! will be pumping out almost 600L before the end of the year :-0

Lager Bloke said:
Not so much actual brewing gear but a decent TIG-Digital AC/DC,pulse.My next brew will be out of my stainless fermenter-planned for Boxing Day-Santa you've done well,Merry Christmas to all,Rob.
What did you end going with Rob? I've been squirrelling away for a new one to replace my old esseti. Would be keen to know your thoughts. I've been looking at the Unimig inverters due to the local support and Jasic internals. Cheers, Cam.

Fluted mill , perlick 650ss f/c taps for my flooded font... Santa was just fucken awesome this year....

Got a 2 vessel brewery 75lt kettle with 80lt mash tun turned it into 3 vessel using my 68lt BIAB pot for my HLT...can't wait to brew in it...new to 3 vessel brewing so it maybe interesting

IMG_2235.JPG

IMG_2253.JPG

technically just Christmas timing, not really a Christmas present. 2x114ltr Ss brewtech kettles, would have been delivered before the big day if the ol' Qantas Card had enough money in it...$hould be good to go tomoz. Happy Days are here! ... well, nearly.

Leyther said:
The big red fella did well!!
:D
Nice!!

This is very similar to my setup. I'm a 1 gallon brewer and the misses just got me the Ikegger for xmas.... I'm hoping to force carbonate in it!

But I have to ask what's the electronic device in the middle of the picture?

Zeener said:
Looks like an Inkbird temperature controller.

Despite whinging for brewing gear for xmas, I didn't get any
I did however get a bottle of Dobson's Gin, 2 bottles of Nomad Freshie Salt & Pepper Gose, a bottle of Salted Caramel Baileys (I think that one was just to tease the mrs because she wants it) and a $40 gift voucher for Beer Cartel

Zeener said:
Nice!!

This is very similar to my setup. I'm a 1 gallon brewer and the misses just got me the Ikegger for xmas.... I'm hoping to force carbonate in it!

Its a temp controller inkbird 310-T, much needed after my recent disaster of brewing in the garage at ambient temps > 25C

Nada. I shall take consolation by downing in quick succession an American brown ale, an English bitter and a German pilsner flavoured with Perle and a nonconformist touch of Mandarina Bavaria.

cool, that's some fast shipping!

was hoping for round stainless pots but hey you gotta roll with the punches, these square ones will be OK

My Tilt Hydrometer arrived today, just went in with my Gingerbread Brown.

It's only been in for an hour and I've already learned something. The wort temp is 1.4C warmer than my digital controller readout even with the probe shielded against the side of the fermenter.

droid said:
cool, that's some fast shipping!

was hoping for round stainless pots but hey you gotta roll with the punches, these square ones will be OK

Very nice!! Wish I had the space to set up a brewery like that :( alas apartment living means only single vessel.

Where did you order them from to get them shipped that quick this time of year?

Permission to to turn the old inside fridge into a 4 tap kegerator!!!!

Didn't tell my brothers, who turned up to find each of their favourite beers on tap!

I got some store credit with the lhbs from santa, which was spent on a new tap and shank, and replacing all my worn out corny poppet valves with the new universal ones, and a couple of stainless ball lock disconnects :)

Bless Santa

Back