What Bittering Hops Are In The Blackrock Pilsner Blonde Kit?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mheobmit

Reaction score
So heres the story, a while ago when I was brewing from kits I made a brew that pretty much rocked my world - the base was a Blackrock Pilsner Blonde can.

Now I want to recreate it (maybe even improve it) with my new extract brewing methods. The question is a simple one but Google hasn't been forthcoming with the answer as yet. What hops are used for bittering in this can?

I've got a good range of hops in the brewshed - Cascade, Columbus, Summit, UK Goldings, Willamette, Saaz, Syrian Golding, Hallertau and Northern Brewer. Given the way the world works I know that none of these will the the right one but hopefully I can get close with one or two of them.

well there you go, a few minutes more searching would have given me the answer. Green Bullet and Pacific Jade - of course I have neither!

Do they recommend substitutions for those hops? If its only bittering you should be able to get away with it.

Do they recommend substitutions for those hops? If its only bittering you should be able to get away with it.

No recommendations on their site, but thats fair enough. Both are NZ hops and their flavour profiles dont seem too similar to what I have. I do know the IBU and its not that high so doing the actual bittering isn't too difficult. Getting the right flavour though could be interesting.

Latest posts

Back