What beast am I brewing here ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gloveski

Reaction score
IMG_0554.JPG

Hopefully shows up in the photo , from as soon as I chucked this brew in the fermenter it had all these funny looking blotches on the side of the fermenter . I am presuming it's a bit of a mixture of trub , cold and hotbreak as I tried to get the most out of the bottom of the grainfather as I was going to be a bit shy of my expected volume in fermenter. The samples tastes awesome (with a few floaties) and it has now finished . I cold crashed last night and so far nothing has dropped out. Today I added some gelatine so hopefully this helps it to drop clear otherwise these floaties are going to ruin what tastes like might be an awesome beer . If it is an infection doesnt taste like what I would imagine one to be .

Well I have come to the conclusion that it is protein in my beer , just kegged it after using finnings and got a little bit into the keg but nothing to major . The beer tastes awesome and considering it was my own recipe I am really happy with it. So I am expecting to get some chill haze Can someone have a look at my mash schedule to see if their is anything I could have done differently here to minimise this when I brew it again. Thanks in advance

Ingredients
Ale (BB aus) 81.9%
Rolled Oats 9.2%
cara hell 8.9%

Mash schedule
mashed at 69 for 60 min
mashed out at 76 for 10 min

OG was 1.046
Fg was 1.012
was looking at a sessionable ABV of 4.4%

Latest posts

Back