What are you Watching ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The most wonderful and inspiring of the last century. Is there no end to goosebumps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished watching a four part mini-series called 'Secret State'. Really good - sort of like West Wing but British.

Spoils of Babylon - It's awesome.

So I saw The Castle. Very charming, but I think to fully get it I need an Aussie next to me explaining the slang. Will rewatch in a couple of weeks.

Currently on:

Wentworth. Okay, revisit to Prisoner. 6.5/10. Up to Season 2.

Orange is the New Black. Much better quality woman's jail light-hearted drama. 7.5/10.

True Detective. Complex but quality detective series. 7/10.

Ray Donovan. Awesomeness. 8.5/10.

Hell on Wheels. Decent Wild West drama with some Hollywood cheese (unfortunately). 7/10.

True Detective was awesome. Not a huge fan of McCounaghey but he was gold in this. Read somewhere that Vince Vaughan would star in the stand alone sequel??

'7 Deadly Sins'; a 7 part doco made by the same gent who did 'Supersize Me'. A pretty eye opening show as he looks at the most extreme examples of each sin in modern society. The first episode was Gluttony and it almost put me off my dinner - awesome :D

Camo6 said:
True Detective was awesome. Not a huge fan of McCounaghey but he was gold in this. Read somewhere that Vince Vaughan would star in the stand alone sequel??
Vince Vaughan, really? Interesting.

Red dwarf... My go to series. It's a shame cocain claimed the lead to only come back as a shadow of himself. I have all on DVD including the last ditch effort to make us the fans whole. Big let down..

Defiance is ok, eureka as well. Sanctuary at a push but a lot or repetitive story lines. I loved stargate and own all seasons. Memorising them took some time and stopped watching them after that. Get me a good syfy series and I'll watch it. Bring back good old British comedy coupled with syfi, no can't do it then lost me

Pilchard, have you seen Farscape? An excellent sci-fi in my opinion, I have the DVDs and love the characters and very original themes/interactions. As a sci-fi fan, I'm sure you've probably seen it but in the off-chance you haven't; I highly recommend it.

menoetes said:
'7 Deadly Sins'; a 7 part doco made by the same gent who did 'Supersize Me'. A pretty eye opening show as he looks at the most extreme examples of each sin in modern society. The first episode was Gluttony and it almost put me off my dinner - awesome :D
I like Morgan Spurlock but people are speaking ill of this new series. I'll still check it out.

Pilchard said:
Red dwarf... My go to series. It's a shame cocain claimed the lead to only come back as a shadow of himself. I have all on DVD including the last ditch effort to make us the fans whole. Big let down..

Defiance is ok, eureka as well. Sanctuary at a push but a lot or repetitive story lines. I loved stargate and own all seasons. Memorising them took some time and stopped watching them after that. Get me a good syfy series and I'll watch it. Bring back good old British comedy coupled with syfi, no can't do it then lost me
Who was hooked on blow? That's depressing. I watch Red Dwarf when I need to go to sleep but can't. I know it so well my brain doesn't have to work at it.

Craig Charles, lister. He has had a bit of a struggle with addiction and it has aged him.

austin said:
I like Morgan Spurlock but people are speaking ill of this new series. I'll still check it out.
It is a bit sensationalized but it is produced by Showtime for goodness sakes, what did people expect? It often startles me and even makes me laugh sometimes, plus each episode is only a very manageable 26 minutes - so I still rate it.

So we think we are good at evolving, plants have been around a lot longer than we have and their DNA is far more complex than ours, how do you defend yourself when you can't move or run and hide. I think this documentary shows why the will to survive is the driving force behind evolution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeX6ST7rexs

I actually bought some Romanesco broccoli seeds at Bunnings from their 'Taste of the Mediterranean' range. At first I thought it to be some form of edible succulent, so at least if I didn't like eating it I could possibly ferment something with the nectar..

Wonders of the Universe is about the only show I could be bothered recording currently. It really is a brilliant series.

Your lucky Dave, I can't get a look in to record anything off Foxtel, fortunately those documentaries are all on youtube along with other great documentaries so I can watch them at my leisure.

Wife has got into watching "Outlander" - sort of a time-travel, romantic show set in the Scottish Highlands in 1743... Scotsmen, red coats, a bit of gore (bloody wife fast forwards)... There are worse.

NCIS New Orleans (actually all of them), Constantine, Gotham.

Trying to get around to Fleming: The Man who would be Bond, on ABC/Iview.

"Manhattan" and "The Knick"

Awesome shows. The Knick has Clive Owen doing some of the best work yet

Manhattan is about the Manhattan project in Los Alamos, with Mr Oppenheimer and his bunch. A love hate relationship with this, the invention of the A-bomb which is ultimately bad... But the show has you rooting for them to get it right. Does my head in, but like a slow-mo accident, I can't look away

Back