What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for a change I thought I'd put the pogues on. Looking forward to seeing them in April (which makes me a mild hypocrite given my comments in the pink floyd live thread)

Dark streets of london

I like to walk in the summer breeze
Down Dalling Road by the dead old trees
And drink with my friends
In the Hammersmith Broadway
Dear dirty delightful old drunken old days

Then the winter came down and I loved it so dearly
The pubs and the bookies where you'd spend all your time
And the old men that were singing
"When The Roses Bloom Again"
And turn like the leaves
To a new summertime

Now the winter comes down
I can't stand the chill
That comes to the streets around Christmas time
And I'm buggered to damnation
And I haven't got a penny
To wander the dark streets of London

And every time that I look on the first day of summer
Takes me back to the place where they gave me ECT
And the drugged up psychos
With death in their eyes
And how all of this really
Means nothing to me

Now the winter comes down
I can't stand the chill

And every time that I look on the first day of summer
Takes me back to the place where they gave me ECT
And the drugged up psychos
With death in their eyes
And how all of this really
Means nothing to me

And now the winter comes down
I can't stand the chill

Just for a change I thought I'd put the pogues on. Looking forward to seeing them in April (which makes me a mild hypocrite given my comments in the pink floyd live thread)

I can't speak for what they were like back in the day, but I can say, having seen them in 2002 with Shane Magowan back with them, that they deliver a cracking live set that gets the crowd going.
That being said I've heard they can be hit and miss.

I couldn't understand a word Shane said between songs. Not one. But then he'd launch into the next one and I just didn't care...

I've seen him in interviews with a translator.

I also can't speak for what they were like back in the day but **** me, I'm going to get limbered up and put on my Irish hat. Might even smash my own teeth out just before the gig.

Karjalan sissit: ******* Whore Society (currentlyJvla Psykopat Krring (Vrre n En Horunge)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anthrax: Black Lodge. ( A young Jenna Elfman stars in the film clip.)

After nearly two hours of annoying my gf with the progression of Nietzsche to Heidegger to post-structural thought, Mikedub has almost ruined my relationship by forcing me to induct my gf into the weird crossover world of Ice-T's Bodycount with a full sociological/anthropological breakdown of why, in Ballarat, in that era it was so important.

Within about 6-8 months over late 1991-1992 Pantera's Vulgar Display..., Nevermind, Cop Killer, III: how the gods kill etc and a number of other releases were on Rage (including the old guard with Be Quick or Be dead and Painkiller) and were blowing the mind of a conservative small town with a thriving musical community. These albums came out on top of thrash giants such as Kreator and Slayer (and yes, I put them in that order to show my bias) but for non-extremists this era blurred the lines (before we labelled grunge as seperate etc, at least in Ballarat), and this is when our local scene truly started to go through the roof.

I suppose it is inevitable to some degree as humans (with a purported a priori need to classify and categorise according to space and time), but at my age, in the early 90s (even though I hung out with guys a bit older than me), there simply wasn't the genre snobbery I see today in the local scene...that era was like a top cropping yeast that would not be contained!!! What happened and when? How did this fire dwindle and extinguish? Or do I just think that as I am now older and think everything new is rubbish?

The new one Napalm Death.
Nothing like a bit of political grind while researching.

^^ Really regret missing them at soundwave ^^

Ayreon - 01011001

Nerdy goodness B)

Michael Jackson- Rock with You (Chopped and Screwed)

It works

Clutch - Cypress Grove

Seem to get a lot more work done with tunes like this cranking :super:

After nearly two hours of annoying my gf with the progression of Nietzsche to Heidegger to post-structural thought, Mikedub has almost ruined my relationship by forcing me to induct my gf into the weird crossover world of Ice-T's Bodycount with a full sociological/anthropological breakdown of why, in Ballarat, in that era it was so important.

I suppose it is inevitable to some degree as humans (with a purported a priori need to classify and categorise according to space and time), but at my age, in the early 90s (even though I hung out with guys a bit older than me), there simply wasn't the genre snobbery I see today in the local scene...that era was like a top cropping yeast that would not be contained!!! What happened and when? How did this fire dwindle and extinguish? Or do I just think that as I am now older and think everything new is rubbish?

Err.. sorry about that Lecterfan, I didnt mean to drive a wedge into your relationship, I merely wanted to shag your cat

Im an audio engineer/muso and for the most part understand dynamics and the part they play, but let me start with the loudness war http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war

kids today cant dip into music and extract what they are looking for, instead its shaped and forcefully shoved down their throats, combine that with social media offering them from what appears to be a generally distracting and unfulfilling plate of self-conscious vein doo-doo. (I'm referring to facefuck, twitter etc, not AHB)

Im sure Ill find some other stuff to blame tomrrow

Back