What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this talk of metal has made me found a true kvlt band, better than TrollKoltze

Last edited by a moderator:
Pogues: Boys from County Hell

On the first day of march it was raining
It was raining worse than anything that I have ever seen
I drank ten pints of beer and I cursed all the people there
And I wish that all this raining would stop falling down on me

And it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink
And mother wake me early in the morning

At the time I was working for a landlord
And he was the meanest ******* that you have ever seen
And to lose a single penny would grieve him awful sore
And he was a miserable bollocks and a bitch's *******'s whore

I recall we took care of him one sunday
We got him out the back and we broke his ******* balls
And maybe that was dreaming and maybe that was real
But all I know is I left that place without a penny or **** all

But now I've the most charming of verandahs
I sit and watch the junkies, the drunks, the pimps, the whores
Five green bottles sitting on the floor
I wish to christ, I wish to christ
That I had fifteen more

The boys and me are drunk and looking for you
We'll eat your frigging entrails and we won't give a damn
Me daddy was a blue shirt and my mother a madam
And my brother earned his medals at mai lei in vietnam

And it's lend me ten pounds and I'll buy you a drink

On the first day of march it was raining
It was raining worse than anything that I have ever seen
Stay on the other side of the road
'cause you can never tell
We've a thirst like a gang of devils
We're the boys of the county hell

All this talk of metal has made me found a true kvlt band, better than TrollKoltze

Hahaha! I like the fact that they don't take themselves too seriously. That drum kit is tops. Musically pretty good but vid had no bass :(

Both tame rock (bordering on pop), not metal.

yeah some of there stuff is very pop oreintated or sort of country ballad stuff like deadwood mountain. or a i live this life or 6 foot town.

I had to google these guys..... On a metal forum someone bought them up asking if there were any fans.... The only response was along the lines of "does the world need another joke black metal band?". For me the answer is yes. Also made mention of "Impaled Northern Forest" as another parody BM band, will have to check them out.

Fydee Arvo Post-Metal Shoegazey stuff.

(playlist of entire album)

One of the bogues I work with has discovered an all AC/DC internet radio station. I love Bon Scott AC/DC, but this is just what I need to wash the Pride of Ringwood/Durry aroma of pub carpet offa me!

Immortal.
When they take it seriously, its even more unsettling.

Sorry, I have to disagree. To assume Immortal EVER took it seriously is to miss the point (and sheer bullshit mushroom eating, running through the forest Tolkien fun) of Immortal. Sorry, been holding my tongue, but any interview with abbath et al. will show you what nerdy, self-referential, ironic bathory-fanboys they are. Also, there is a LOT lost in translation culturally between what northern Europeans see as flippant metal fantasy rubbish and what north Americans see as 'gritty street-oriented thrash' (or some such shit). There has to be a reason Manowar can make a living in Germany and nowhere else HAHAHA!

Compare the total OTT wank and Kiss-worship of immortal with the rubbish Dethklokish-death metal world of contemporary mainstream 'metal' (with broad brimmed baseball caps sideways and arpeggios instead of riffs and every slow riff is called a 'breakdown' FFS, wonder what the NYHC originators of the term think about it) and we soon see who the bigoted, self-important, macho crap fuckspankers are...

Anyway, black metal hasn't been scary or controversial for almost 20 years now, and like all genres the interesting bits have been retained in acts such as Wolves In The Throne Room and the rubbish kiss-make up nonsense just bubbles away in its own slightly embarrassing pot of ridiculousness.

Also, I made some flippant 'metal' and 'country' comments in my last post, but I am in no way endorsing a whole genre, and just like all things in life (beer, politics, clothing, music, art, literature, vehicles, monfilament fishing line) there is the mass produced stuff, guaranteed to be homogenous and of a certain standard, and then there is the more variable,underground and interesting stuff. In some things in life I like the predictability of a mass produced product, in other things I don't. And to think all 'metal' is just metal is like inferring that Neil Young fans should like Lee Kernaghan as you can buy both their cds in the 'country' section...and clearly that idea is untenable.

Sorry, I'm drunk again.

I'm enjoying Bison BC at the moment, just to get back on topic.

No offence to anyone, just offering another take on the whole thing...

And to think all 'metal' is just metal is like inferring that Neil Young fans should like Lee Kernaghan as you can buy both their cds in the 'country' section...and clearly that idea is untenable.

Agree with this bit (except I would replace inferring with implying) - very slowly finding the good bits of 'metal' - a genre I've been reticent to come to terms with but I always try.

Also agree on the Immortal thing - those guys aren't a pisstake act per se but definitely not overly serious either. A lot of 2nd wave Norwegian type BM is unintentionally hilarious however.

@jlm - Impaled Northern Forest is Seth Putnam (ex anal **** and ex life)

Been having a Fooeys revival lately...

Bought their greatest hits on iTunes 2 weeks back and seem to gravitate to it each session...

A Day To Remember. The Downfall of Us All.

Compare the total OTT wank and Kiss-worship of immortal with the rubbish Dethklokish-death metal world of contemporary mainstream 'metal' (with broad brimmed baseball caps sideways and arpeggios instead of riffs and every slow riff is called a 'breakdown' FFS, wonder what the NYHC originators of the term think about it) and we soon see who the bigoted, self-important, macho crap fuckspankers are...

Back