What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 of my country fav's are now on the playlist (yes they happen to all be on one album):

1. ringing of the steel - Peter Denahy
2. Southern son - Lee Kernaghan
3. V8 Town - Troy Cassar-Daley

I cant piss the swmbo off any further and she HATES country music , so i might aswell play a bit of the ol' country music! :rolleyes:

Wallace

Harlem River Blues by Justin Townes Earle, never thought I would like this kind of music but this album really grows on you.
Live at Filmore West - Aretha Franklin, special guest Ray Charles
Gimme Some Truth -John Lennon 4 CD boxed set
National Ransom -Elvis Costello, not as good as the prevoius album
Empires and Dance -Simple Minds, has stayed remarkably fresh for a 31 yo album

Shpongle - Ineffable Mysteries from Shpongleland

A perfect start to a Monday morning.

The Cure: A forest.

Old memories, good memories.

I was looking through youtube for the original clip when I came across this pre-album version of the song (entitled at night which is another track from seventeen seconds - however the music is the basis for a forest and lyrics different to both songs). Played live and definitely of interest to any early cure or post punk fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been getting into a bit of southern American bluegrass music lately. The Devil Makes Three are good listening imho

I've been listening the these guys on high rotation since seeing them at a festival recently...

Yolandi Vi$$er was totally next-level. really fantastic show, apart from the MIA part.

Yolandi Vi$er was totally next-level. really fantastic show, apart from the MIA part.

Edit... supporting act MIA..I wondered who they were... from live guide.com.au

Description: Standing at the front line of live music this summer is the one-woman shock and awe campaign that is M.I.A.

M.I.A. is one of the most infuriating, fascinating icons in music. Celebrate her. Stick with her (NME, July 2010).

The Sri Lankan-British singer/rapper/firebrand (Pitchfork) fearlessly cuts through genre boundaries and lyrical taboos, blazing new ground from the clubs to the streets with powerhouse tracks like Galang, Paper Planes and, from her latest album MAYA, Born Free and XXXO.

Ambitious, contradictory, unrepentant, unafraid to charge in head first and worry about the consequences later: what else would you expect from M.I.A.? As ever, MAYA sets out more questions than it answers. And as ever, that may well be what makes both album and author so compelling (The Vine, July 2010).

One of the most talked-about artists of the 2000s, M.I.A. has been nominated for a Grammy, the Mercury Music Prize and an Oscar, been named one of Time magazines most influential people and topped charts and best-of-the-year lists with her albums Arular and Kala.

On record and on stage, M.I.A. delivers pure, flashing brilliance, a lightning cognitive connection of word, idea and sound that few do so well (NME, July 2010).

Often controversial, always compelling, M.I.A knows only one way: all guns blazing. Take cover, Australia.

Supporting M.I.A on these Big Day Out sideshows straight outta Cape Town are South Africas interweb-conquering, next level, hip hop heroes DIE ANTWOORD.

Styles: HipHop/Rap Web Address: www.miauk.com Notify us of changes

Motorhead - Motorizer and Kiss of Death. The new one is a bit of a dud for me, but then they have always been a band that runs on an 40/60 shit/cool ratio (unless you're not a motorhead fan in which the ratio is skewed in the former - but everyone loves Ace Of Spades in a chase or fight scene in a movie).

Doing a double batch amber ale tomorrow so will probably get through both the aforementioned albums before retreating to Zappa's You Are What You Is to unwind post-boil.

I have my abstract thoroughly on tonight. I've been listening to Steve Reich and Sun Ra with some strong beer. I am ready to invent an upside down revolution that I will have forgotten by the time I wake up tomorrow.

Edit... supporting act MIA..I wondered who they were... from live guide.com.au
I saw her about 6 years ago at the prince of wales when she was bumping around with diplo. That was a cracker of a gig, the whole room was electric.

Motrhead - I've been a fan for years, but this latest album is fantastic. Very polished in it's lyrics & sound with the kind of format that keep bands like Motrhead and AC/DC consistent, yet Lemmy and the lads somehow have kept that raw edge of rebellion and mixed it with world weary philosophy and ... METAL. Brilliant.

The Wrld is Yours is the twentieth studio album by the British heavy metal band Motrhead, first released on 14 December 2010 by Future PLC's Classic Rock magazine.[1] The standard CD release of The Wrld is Yours was released on 17 January 2011, through Motrhead's own label, Motrhead Music, distributed by EMI Label Services

Motorheadworldisyours.jpg

The Jesus Lizard - Goat (QLD case-swap soundtrack)

Beer and Tom Waits with Vitalstatistix a night or so ago.

Probably consider him the best of the musicians I listen to.

Might need to put some more on later this evening.

The Jesus Lizard - Goat (QLD case-swap soundtrack)

Haha, nice flashback there. I am listening to Nas Illmatic, probably should have seen him recently, but he is one of those artists who did their best work (IMO) straight off the bat before succumbing to the record industry. I know I am probably in a very small minority listening to hip hop here (also listened to The Mark of Cain - Ill At Ease tonight), but I think it goes well with the remainder of my IIPA at the end of my shift working week. And I can't see how Nas is compared to JZ, as he can actually rap thorough.

Haha, nice flashback there.
That's what I thought it was gonna be but it turns out the record has stood up remarkably well - if you like that sort of thing, of course.

Yeah, I've never understood Jay-Z's popularity either. Can't spit and can't write.

That's what I thought it was gonna be but it turns out the record has stood up remarkably well - if you like that sort of thing, of course.

Yeah, I've never understood Jay-Z's popularity either. Can't spit and can't write.

Yeah, the most recent exposure I have had to Jay-Z was on the Harlem's Finest retrospective for Big L, and even though he is competent, it is more about his phrasing gimmicks. But on listening to the link below, he actually is pretty OK, but nowhere near the insanity that was Big L... ahh, life is unfair. Or, as Nas (or AZ) put it, life's a bitch and then you die.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8dx2x_bi...tch-bobbi_music
I mean, that verse from 4:15 makes my mind boggle, and it is just <0.000000001% of his work.

Latest posts

Back