What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayse

Black Label Society
Reaction score
last year we had quite a thread going on grumpies about music people are listening to and everyone had a good go at paying everyone one else out for there music.
mind you i think i copped most the flack.
no tangent i don't drive a valiant or where flannies.
(what happened to our mate tangent anyway)

anyway you all know iam a led zepplin freak.
but i can't pick a best zep tune its impossible.
but i think my vote for all time greatest tune goes to the stones for sympathy for the devil.
iam also a big jimi fan but couldn't pick a favourite there.

as far as modern music goes no one will ever beat Alice in Chains.

beside those bands the only others in my playlist are zakk wylde's black label society, ozzy, black sabbath and Rush.

of course i got a reasonble collection of deicide and canibal corpse and the like along with all the metal stuff you could imagine.

Whats in your playlist?
jayse

from my beer addled memory i think tangent got the shits on the flack from his adelaide water quality postings on grumpys forum and said he wouldnt post again.
so far he has held his word.
all time favourite would have to be sex pistols jayse.young turbulant apprenticeship days.i survived but.and the list is endless

cheers
big d

i could quite easily sit and drink beer and listen to tunes with you jazman.

love it
jayse

bigd love the god save the queen album.
it is one of the best.

cheers jayse

I work on the road at different customers.
As such environments dictate I like to zone out of my surrondings with a hard disc full of my music ripped to mp3.
What gets played the most (according to iTunes) is Audio Slave, Foo Fighters, Anthrax, Metallica, Shihad/Pacifier, Rammstein, Chemical Brothers, and Tool.

Always good to throw in some Strawpeople, Portishead and Leftfield when the situation requires it :lol:

Beers,
Doc

some more good choices doc.
the portishead would certain put you in a different zone, love them.
Anthrax has many faces my favourite would be the album with room for one more and hypro glo etc on it.

jayse

demise rousos
nana miscouri
partridge family
carpenters
leo sayer
kamahal
patsy biscoe
abba

pretty cool listening eh peoples

;) :unsure: :rolleyes: :D

cheers
ozdevil

are you serious?
the carpenters, ok they have some merit.
but buy the sounds you,ll be better of brewing cups of tea rather than beer.

sorry just stiring. but i have a feeling your kidding us oz.

what do you really listen too?

jayse

Gene Vincent

Buddy Holly

Eddie Cochran

Bill Haley and the Comets

Elvis Presley

J O K

And Lots of European Neo-Rockabilly

Like the Living end...but with balls

dont know if youve seen the postings jayse but there where some cracker album sleeves posted awhile back.do a search and if you find them they will spin you out.

cheers
big d

I dont mind any music as long as it is easy listening to..

just some of the groups and singers i like in no order of preference

Creedance
pink floyd
ACDC
cold chisel
meatloaf
john williamson
lee kernaghan
and most 60's and 70's
Dire straits
along with whole lot more music

I cant stand anything like rap or that bloody Doof Doof shit these young teenagers are into these days

cheers and beers
ozdevil

All round seen lots of stuff I like posted so far. Good to see Elvis and Eddie Cochran crack a mention. Good call for Pistols, bigD. Got into them big time and also Clash in high school. Also love Beatles/Stones/Dylan. And Joni Mitchell. Yeah occasionally bring out Zeppelin especially the remastered double album on a good car stereo. (It was tripping music many moons ago when I was younger and stupider.) Less often Pink Floyd/Doors. Don't mind Sabbath, Iron Maiden when someone else puts it on. Should put in AC/DC just to tip the hat. Also Alice, went through the obligatory Alice phase. Discovering Gram Parsons in last couple years. Should mention the Gourds just to be obscure. And Grateful Dead. Nirvana changed my life so put them in there and Foo Fighters and The Posies. Beastie Boys also changed my life in a smaller way. The highest pinnacle of my musical tastes at the moment is Tom Waits. But today I'm listening to Rancid "Out Come The Wolves" (in my personal top 10), Jon Spencer Blues Explosion "Orange" and that new John Butler Trio album, it's a beauty.

...just to name a few...

Oh, and I actually like a couple of those bands mentioned by ozdevil. When it comes to music, THERE ARE NO WRONG ANWERS.

I guess that the listeners age has a bit to do with it as well, but i guess not all of the time.
I'm afraid that I would tend to lean more toward Linz's or Ozdevil's choices.

Big D
I see you posted a picture of Chad Morgan on another thread and I dont think that his stuff would be good brewing music but i saw him live once and as a comedian he was excellent. Only my opinion though!!

Cheers.

DOOBIE BROTHERS

CHICAGO

STEELY DAN

DEEP PURPLE

ANGELS

POCO

EAGLES

COLD CHISEL

And most of the NEW rock stuff

Good call on the Posies Deebee.

Currently I have been listening to Guided by Voices, Muse, Bluebottle Kiss, 78 Saab and Superchunk.

All time favourites: Superchunk, Pavement, Pixies, Husker Du, Ramones, Split Enz, Sebadoh, Hard Ons, GBV, Archers of Loaf, Happy Hate Me Nots, Celibate Rifles, The Clash, The Damned and Screamfeeder.

The list could be longer. :rolleyes:

C&B
TDA

my usuall brewing music is any one of the triple j hottest one hundred albums out each year.usually a good selection of talent.

Currently on my playlist:

George
Big Heavy Stuff
A Perfect Circle
Katatonia
Opeth (Just the pansy Damnation album ...... fantastic album I think they're totally wasted on "Growly Voice" shite)
Soundgarden
Jeff Buckly (Live at Sine')

Not worth trying to list an all time favourites .. too hard

Nice to see a Hard Ons fan, TDA :)

Boots, you have to be kidding. Damnation, along with Deliverance, are Opeth's two most mediocre albums.

Anyway, I usually listen to extreme metal. My favourite bands are probably Opeth, Dark Tranquillity, Morbid Angel, Death and At The Gates. Locally I like Astriaal, Portal and Misery. I like a lot of the less extreme stuff as well, like Iron Maiden, Manowar, Katatonia, Therion and Dungeon.

I also like a lot of rock and roll and old punk, such as the Ramones, the Clash, the Rolling Stones and the Saints. Locally there are heaps of good bands around, such as the Seventeens, the Pits, the Jennys, the Golden Orbs, the Hekawis, the Money, Draft Dodger, Mouthguard and the Hymies.

Back