What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a song i like to play when a close family or friend passes away and specially if i cant make the funeral

Last week i lost a friend i used to have a beer with and played golf with his Name was Black Bob a true gentleman to those that new him

This is a song i like to play when a close family or friend passes away and specially if i cant make the funeral

Last week i lost a friend i used to have a beer with and played golf with his Name was Black Bob a true gentleman to those that new him

Sorry for your loss, mate.

British motor racing ace Sterling Moss died earlier this year. The Goodwood SpeedWeek held recently paid tribute to this man who, like Fangio, Brabham, and Stewart and many others, diced with death every time he raced in the heroic days before roll cages, crash barriers and fire crews were mandatory.

His friend Mark Knopfler paid a personal tribute by playing Going Home, the theme he wrote for the 1983 film Local Hero.

Whereas Knopfler’s original version builds into a soaring, uplifting anthem, here he has wound it right back to a slower lament that lays his friend's soul to rest; every note a tear drop, every wail a cry.

Last edited:
Another of Knopfler's funeral songs, had this picked out for me, and brewed 21 litres of Imperial stout for the wake. Had to drink most of it myself cos I didn't die when the doctors/oncologists said I would. And I still haven't!

Well done WE&L. Remarkable. Not too many have beaten the grim reaper and then drunk the beer assigned for their own wake. Must have tasted extra good.

Maybe it's just this strange year but I've developed a taste for deep house chill music and my 25 year old son is now into 50's crooners go figure but if you like to get on the beers and chill try this, awesome video too best watched on a big telly..

Sarah Connor just smokin' in this raunchy version of Dusty Springfield's 1968 classic.

This is by Marcus Nimbler, a German who describes himself as a “singer, musician, producer, arranger, video artist, filmmaker, editor, videographer, consultant, art director”.

And he’s all of that in this well compiled and eye catching video cover of Sultans of Swing.

(Check out his channel for his other work. Worth looping it up on a big screen on brew day)

Faaaarrrk!!

Check this out!

A “montage” from a new Beatles movie ‘Get Back’ pre-released several hours ago by filmaker Peter Jackson.

Jackson said, “We wanted to give the fans of The Beatles all over the world a holiday treat, so we put together this five-minute sneak peek at our upcoming theatrical film ‘The Beatles: Get Back.’ We hope it will bring a smile to everyone’s faces and some much-needed joy at this difficult time.”

I didn’t even know this film was in the pipeline. Will be released in August next year.

Some amazing high quality vision of the Beatles in this clip that I’ve never seen before.

Faaaarrrk!!

Check this out!

A “montage” from a new Beatles movie ‘Get Back’ pre-released several hours ago by filmaker Peter Jackson.

Jackson said, “We wanted to give the fans of The Beatles all over the world a holiday treat, so we put together this five-minute sneak peek at our upcoming theatrical film ‘The Beatles: Get Back.’ We hope it will bring a smile to everyone’s faces and some much-needed joy at this difficult time.”

I didn’t even know this film was in the pipeline. Will be released in August next year.

Some amazing high quality vision of the Beatles in this clip that I’ve never seen before.

Feldon, thanks awesome. Made our day!

Back