What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Americana bluegrass version, better than the orignal I think!

Me as well. Mind you, this quicker paced version by Glen Campbell (in font of an assembled who's who of music royalty) is pretty good, particularly his rapid fire instrumental break. And he had such perfect diction - real old school. Every word crisply sung and understandable to the audience.

A live version of this song 'Watch it Fall' by Billy Strings (posted earlier by Ronwales). This guy is a great flat picker (top instrumental break). Nice to see him actually play this, but I like the previous version too with backdrop video of the freight trains and rolling country side.

A live version of this song 'Watch it Fall' by Billy Strings (posted earlier by Ronwales). This guy is a great flat picker (top instrumental break). Nice to see him actually play this, but I like the previous version too with backdrop video of the freight trains and rolling country side.

Good to see this style of music is still alive and strong. I grew up with country and western but never really appreciated it until i got older.

Caught Cedric Burnside grandson of R L at the Port Fairy Folk Festival a few years ago. He was amazing and spoke fondly of big daddy RL.

I only discovered him last week lol. Better late than never i guess

Great tune , got introduced to it from my 18 year old son believe it or not

last year we had quite a thread going on grumpies about music people are listening to and everyone had a good go at paying everyone one else out for there music.
mind you i think i copped most the flack.
no tangent i don't drive a valiant or where flannies.
(what happened to our mate tangent anyway)

anyway you all know iam a led zepplin freak.
but i can't pick a best zep tune its impossible.
but i think my vote for all time greatest tune goes to the stones for sympathy for the devil.
iam also a big jimi fan but couldn't pick a favourite there.

as far as modern music goes no one will ever beat Alice in Chains.

beside those bands the only others in my playlist are zakk wylde's black label society, ozzy, black sabbath and Rush.

of course i got a reasonble collection of deicide and canibal corpse and the like along with all the metal stuff you could imagine.

Whats in your playlist?
jayse
You will love Greta Van Fleet then. (Led Zepplin meets Guns n Roses.)

Great Americana bluegrass version, better than the orignal I think!
Don't want to bang on too much about this song, but I have to post this cover I found of the same song (actually its a cover of a cover). What an absolutely beautiful voice!
(You can skip the first 60 secs of banter if you want to, but its kinda nice and authentic)

Doobie Brothers live on stage only a few years ago.

I close my eyes and I'm 16 again.

Sit back and Listen to the Music.

An acoustic version of Hotel California by Italian guitar quartet 40 Fingers, imaginatively and lavishly filmed in what I can only guess is the supposed hotel described in the song.

The Night Man is there, but which girl is Tiffany Twisted?.

Whole thing feels like it’s a clip taken from a movie, or an episode of Fargo. Even has subtitles at the start.

Outstanding instrumental performance and cinematography worthy of one of the greatest songs.

Last edited:
Just love this snapshot of real life on the road.

Less than two minutes of video (recorded on a phone by the look of it) taken backstage at a Rockwiz concert a few years ago.

It’s really a series of vignettes - begins with drummer Peter ‘Lucky’ Luscombe and guitarist Ash Taylor starting to sing Different Drum (made famous by Linda Ronstadt). JPY appears. Then it falters (forgotten lyrics?), but Luscombe brings the tune back to life with the driving crack of his drum sticks. Then Angry Anderson joins in. And Julia Zemiro slips into her Wizard of Oz red shoes. While adjudicator of the show Brian Nankervis coolly finishes putting in his cuff links just as the whole thing ends, saying “Showtime”. And the picture is complete.

So good to see seasoned old veteran musos still loving it like kids.

Latest posts

Back