What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Part of a Story album from Ayeron - the first one features amongst others Dee Snider from Twisted Sister
Seconfd one has a few others

sort of operatic metal I guess

Last week I woke up with one in my head. Hadn’t heard it for about 20yrs. Great song and great underrated band, imo.

last year we had quite a thread going on grumpies about music people are listening to and everyone had a good go at paying everyone one else out for there music.
mind you i think i copped most the flack.
no tangent i don't drive a valiant or where flannies.
(what happened to our mate tangent anyway)

anyway you all know iam a led zepplin freak.
but i can't pick a best zep tune its impossible.
but i think my vote for all time greatest tune goes to the stones for sympathy for the devil.
iam also a big jimi fan but couldn't pick a favourite there.

as far as modern music goes no one will ever beat Alice in Chains.

beside those bands the only others in my playlist are zakk wylde's black label society, ozzy, black sabbath and Rush.

of course i got a reasonble collection of deicide and canibal corpse and the like along with all the metal stuff you could imagine.

Whats in your playlist?
jayse
Check out Melbourne band El Colosso. I'd also recommend Lamassu, and Planet of the 8s if you're into crunchy riffs. If you like the REAL heavy stuff, there is also In Malice's Wake and Nothing. All Melbourne bands. All Killer.

Currently on my playlist:

George
Big Heavy Stuff
A Perfect Circle
Katatonia
Opeth (Just the pansy Damnation album ...... fantastic album I think they're totally wasted on "Growly Voice" shite)
Soundgarden
Jeff Buckly (Live at Sine')

Not worth trying to list an all time favourites .. too hard
In Cauda Venenum is a MASTERPIECE.

OK, one last post featuring the lovely, talented MonaLisa Twins. This is their cover of Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here.
Generations of people have emotionally invested in these great old classics. So if you are going to try and make a name for yourself by making a cover version you'd better not betray the integity of the original song. But you also have to put your imprint on it, or why would anybody bother listening to a cover instead the original.
These girls show why its worth listening, and watching, great cover versions that are different yet faithful to the originals and beautifully played and sung.

RIP Mr Bojangles. Dance.

I knew a man Bojangles and he danced for you
In worn out shoes
Silver hair, a ragged shirt and baggy pants
The old soft shoe
He jumped so high
He jumped so high
Then he'd lightly touched down
Mr Bojangles
Mr Bojangles
Mr Bojangles
Dance

Jerry Jeff Walker, Outlaw Country Architect and ‘Mr. Bojangles’ Songwriter, Dead at 78
www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country/jerry-jeff-walker-mr-bojangles-outlaw-country-dead-obituary-1080617/
(video/audio link in the article)

A short eulogy recorded by Otis Gibbs the morning he heard of Jerry Jeff Walker's death. Some wonderful old tales here about the life of itinerant musos wandering the US in the 60s and 70s; the origin and importance of Mr Bojangles; Walker getting punched out by Willie Nelson and giving Pres. Jimmy Carter the finger; and more.

And if you're up for its here's 20 minutes from the man himself recorded back in 2000 when he was still on the road.

Last edited:
Here's a solo instrumental version of the same Bon Jovi song by an ace guitarist.
Great technique on the voice box (wonder if the plastic pipe is food grade)

Here's a solo instrumental version of the same Bon Jovi song by an ace guitarist.
Great technique on the voice box (wonder if the plastic pipe is food grade)

I think i like this one the best lol

Back