What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MVZOOM: Get some Korpiklaani... the album called Tervaskanto, folk metal with some English, some Finnish lyrics. Best enjoyed in front of a campfire with a wooden pint of sahti! I wish...

MVZOOM: Get some Korpiklaani... the album called Tervaskanto, folk metal with some English, some Finnish lyrics. Best enjoyed in front of a campfire with a wooden pint of sahti! I wish...

ALright bro - thanks! The tracklisting is interesting:

1. Journey Man
2. Happy Little Boozer
3. Korpiklaani
4. Pellonpekko
5. Tuli Kokko
6. Wooden Pints
7. Spring Dance
8. Hunting Song
9. Beer Beer
10. Midsummer Night
11. Ii Lea Voibmi

Minimum 3 listens and I'll come back to you. Those Fins can we rather out there!

CHeers - Mike

That looks like a "Best of" collection of some sort, but there's some quality tracks in there! Notice the theme? Boozer, pints, hunting, beer! :beerbang:

Suggestions?

Cheers - Mike

Possibly: Hot Snakes - Suicide Invoice

Not like the name suggests. Flat-out, downstrum rock. All three of their records are fantastic if you're into this one.

Right Now... the entire Steve Hillage discography.

Went away with a few mates last weekend. Scrolling thru his IPOD and we wacked on AC/DC Powerage. Hadn't listened to it for years. Forgot how good it was.

"That is a beautiful Beer"

Greg Champion

Sort of a country folk comedy guy... For those that listen to the ABC on the east coast one of the Codabeen Champions

Rabz

Stone Temple Pilots

It's been a while between listens but still love em :)

New Mastodon Album out :super:

3401842173_5b29463b44.jpg

Only just saw this thread.

I'm a big fan of ambient industrial/dark ambient/death industrial which is what I'm currently listening to (Hentai vs Nordvargr and Schloss Tegal).

Above was mentioned korpiklaani who are actually one of the few metal acts I can enjoy (and own albums from). Lots of drinking songs. Listen to 'beer, beer'.

Apart from that I like lots of punk (dead Kennedys, Crass), post punk (Rowland Howard, Birthday Party, Nathan Hollywood, Nick Cave, Hunter Dienna, Gentle Ben and his Sensitive side, Joy Division) , some folk music (Czech, Italian, American, Britsh), small amounts of very, very early jazz, Tom Waits, Dire straits (no idea how it fits but I lik it nonetheless) and pink floyd, Early industrial (SPK, Foetus, Nurse with Wound, Coil) Industrial hardcore and breakcore (doof doof for those young people who hate doof doof), Power electronics (often in small doses) noise (always in small doses) and Baroque (don't really know which or what: just that it sounds nice).

Then my stuff:

Pearl Jam
RHCP
Alice in Chains
STP
Mr Bungle
Metallica
Smashing Pumpkins (MASSIVE FAN of Gish etc)
Screaming Trees
Nirvana
Radiohead
Mudhoney

Suggestions?

Cheers - Mike

Someone mentioned above - Sonic Youth.

Also try Primus especially 1st 3 albums.

There is probably another thread for this but couldn't find it....

Tonight i'm spending some time suppin and listening to a bit of The Jam / Weller

so here's a link for you:

What are you listening to at the moment?

Wez - www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
There is probably another thread for this but couldn't find it....

Tonight i'm spending some time suppin and listening to a bit of The Jam / Weller

so here's a link for you:

What are you listening to at the moment?

Wez - www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk

Unfortunately with SWMBO away I have been suffering with whatever my 16yo daughter decides to listen to... MTV, Channel V, you get the idea! :unsure:

Roll on Monday SWMBO back and at least there is only a 9 year age gap between us and I can listen to most of what she does. :rolleyes:

I wish I knew how to work the remote!
Daughter at school today so I just downloaded the soundtrack from 'The Boat That Rocked'.... much more my vintage!! :icon_cheers:

Nige

Last edited by a moderator:
Back