What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hyundai ad, "holy diver" from Dio on TV at the moment.

Seemed a bit familiar so I YouTubed it.
How could I have lived through the 80s and never even heard of Dio.... WTF :eek:

anyway catching up on my youth (wherever Jason is now dear lad).

Proves to me that Ronnie indeed went to hell.

SATAN: (sniggering behind his hand)

DIO: What the **** are you laughing at?

SATAN: I had my people in advertising pay tribute to your legacy.

DIO: Cool, let me see,

SATAN: (passes his Satanic tablet to Dio, laughs like Vincent Price) - press play...

DIO: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, life without Stevie. I was going to go see him in New Mexico and said, "Well, money is tight. Next time." He was dead a couple months later. Lesson learned.

Still this brings me long periods of contemplation and recompense. Stevie starts playing and I stare off into space and it's 10 minutes later, and the music finished 5 minutes ago.

Man, life without Stevie. I was going to go see him in New Mexico and said, "Well, money is tight. Next time." He was dead a couple months later. Lesson learned.
Gave away my ticket to see Jeff Buckley feb '96. I had tonsillitis. "Just buy me a ticket next time he tours" was supposed to be the square up...

Elder - Reflections of a Floating World

Bluesy/stoner/rock/prog - but all of these labels detract from what this band achieves. They have an ability to make the intricate seem simple, the challenging seem obvious. It's a toe tapping journey for fans of riffs and unpretentious musicianship:

https://beholdtheelder.bandcamp.com

Loving this band Liam. Thanks for putting me on to them. Perfect for a home brew by the fire. Have they ever toured in Aus?

Loving this band Liam. Thanks for putting me on to them. Perfect for a home brew by the fire. Have they ever toured in Aus?
As much as I try, I can't tire of this band haha. Theyre so good. They toured here a couple of years ago with Earthless. I missed the actual gig (& earthless ) but got to see Elder the next day at an in-store at Tyms Guitars. They were ******* incredible, rhythm section so tight, and the singer/guitarist made what he was playing look so natural & easy. Hopefully they come back.

rediscovering 2 old albums off my phone recently. both getting heavy play

A perfect circle -Thirteenth step
the Tea Party- edges of twilight

both great albums . thirteenth step is Maynard's best vocal work out of everything he's done IMHO

As much as I try, I can't tire of this band haha. Theyre so good. They toured here a couple of years ago with Earthless. I missed the actual gig (& earthless ) but got to see Elder the next day at an in-store at Tyms Guitars. They were ******* incredible, rhythm section so tight, and the singer/guitarist made what he was playing look so natural & easy. Hopefully they come back.

crazy! I logged in to post about this band, also came up in my spotify, goddamn! Bass playing is epic, Dozer had a similar growling basslines...

Nothing like a bit of NOFX, Rancid and any other punk, while planning the next brew...
b14c90b50b0e89a62d591525dba2cfe5.jpg

Back