What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

Liam_snorkel

كافر
Reaction score
Elder - Reflections of a Floating World

Bluesy/stoner/rock/prog - but all of these labels detract from what this band achieves. They have an ability to make the intricate seem simple, the challenging seem obvious. It's a toe tapping journey for fans of riffs and unpretentious musicianship:

https://beholdtheelder.bandcamp.com

Curly79

Reaction score
Liam_snorkel said:
Elder - Reflections of a Floating World

Bluesy/stoner/rock/prog - but all of these labels detract from what this band achieves. They have an ability to make the intricate seem simple, the challenging seem obvious. It's a toe tapping journey for fans of riffs and unpretentious musicianship:

https://beholdtheelder.bandcamp.com
Listening now Liam. Bloody impressive. Couldn't have summed it up any better. Technical as all **** yet smooth as a baby's bum.

Liam_snorkel

كافر
Reaction score
The previous 2 albums are excellent too. Less virtuosic as you go back but still has real depth and skill

panspermian

Reaction score
Steve Kilbey and Martin Kennedy

Atmospheric type stuff

Liam_snorkel

كافر
Reaction score
Golden Void. It's psych electric blues rock that delves deep into ambient slow burning passages that take you on a bit of a journey. Fronted by the dude from Earthless, to give you some indication of the pedigree of guitar work.

https://goldenvoidtj.bandcamp.com/

Last edited:

Dave70

Le roi est mort..
Reaction score
Nice.
I think thats kind of what Wolfmother may have sounded like if they didn't sound so much like a Led Zep / Sabbath tribute band.

Benn

Reaction score
At the moment; Pink Floyd, Joe Rogan Podcasts & 'Cosmos' by Carl Sagan.
...I spend a lot of time on the road :/

knot_gillty

Reaction score
At the moment; Pink Floyd, Joe Rogan Podcasts & 'Cosmos' by Carl Sagan.
...I spend a lot of time on the road :/
Love listening to the Joe Rogan Experience!! I only download the ones that interest me though, mainly with the hunters on there. Cam Hanes, Shane Dorian (surfer and hunter, love both...), Jim Shocky etc. Funny as all hell Rogan is, the way he does most podcasts. Wheeler Walker Jr is a funny motherfucker too. I got both albums after hearing him on here..

Curly79

Reaction score
Heavy Devvy. Good night for a bit of Strapping.

Danscraftbeer

Reaction score
Vinnie Moore now, Joe Blunt before that, and all good assortments of such on Pandora.
I think I started with the search keyword Joe Satriani to see what I haven't got and it just broadens and evolves. :cool: