What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liam_snorkel said:
WB: I'm not really that into prog, I just dabble.

EDIT: I just had a listen to the first Ayreon track that came up on youtube and I think I'm allergic to that flavour of prog. (got about 1 minute in)
You just need to get past your initial turophobia, then the majesty of it all begins to make sense.

I am with Liam on medical Ayreon intolerance.

Listening to The Roots - Game Theory, man the production is good on this album, and I am not one for slick production, but this elicits vivid imagery without being cheesy. ED: perhaps slick is not the right word. I just read that they did the bulk in Garage Band themselves.

When they were good, they were very, very good.

51Gdv1ofaCL.jpg

A bit of black metal...I heard Varg Vikernes got arrested in France doing something crazy again though that is pretty standard for him, be it church burnings or something else pretty evil

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaQF-AP8sb0[/media]

I liked the first album. Toxicity was alright, but I'd completely lost interest by the time steal this album came out.

Oceansize.

I never get sick of this band.

you prog heads might be interested in them if you're not already familiar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uUrWoDJBVc

tricache said:
Karnivool's new one is out today and it is pretty good!

karnivool_asymmetry.jpg
I've only heard a couple of songs from the album but I'm a little disappointed thus far to be honest. Hopefully there's some hidden gems on there..

Liam_snorkel said:
Oceansize.

I never get sick of this band.

you prog heads might be interested in them if you're not already familiar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uUrWoDJBVc
I may just have to have a listen once the weekend begins.

I listened to the karnivool album on the way to work today, much more enjoyable than sound awake, but still a bit dull. I dig the dirt guitar tone and lack of unnecessary double tracking.

Re oceansize - the video I posted is them playing one of their albums 'live'. It's pretty great.

I know it's been mentioned, but. Ooh! Oooh! New Carcass! New Carcass!

Also A Storm Of Light are still providing me with much joy when I want soundscape.

Plus the new Sabbath has really grown on me. I was a harsh critic when it first came out, but there are some great toe tapping bluesy numbers on it...even with the poor old dancing monkey on vocals. Mash in my friends, mash in!

Madlib Medicine Show #9: Channel 85 Presents Nittyville to get me in the mood to brew.

Been bumping Orange Goblin in the car.

WarmBeer said:
I can't believe nobody's piped up about Ayreon amongst all this prog.

Oh, hang on, it's just me who's obsessed.
Not just you, but I'm more into 01011001 and The Human Equation than the first few albums
Looking forward to the new one, though :)

Currently listening to Thunder Chunky by Iwrestledabearonce, pretty excited for their new album

Latest posts

Back