What Are These On My Hop Plant........

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducatiboy stu

Reaction score
Pics of some white sort of fungus thing growing on the soil aong the roots. They apear to have a cap on them and when they open, small black seed like things are inside about the size of poppy seeds

It is only in one pot and the plant looks weak, but was actually my strongest. Nothing in the other pot with my other plant

Any ideas

hops5.jpg
hops1.jpg
hops2.jpg
hops4.jpg

I think it is a fungus feeding on the pine bark mulch. The hop roots look pretty healthy, hopefully nothing to worry about. Might even be a good mycorrhysal fungus.

looks to me like the dreaded Andalusian Hop Mirkle......the main reason hops are not very good in most Asian countries,
probably something that should be reported to your local council for appropriate fumigation and destruction...protecting local producers and all that.

Then again it could just be some strange fungi type thing......

Either way its weird looking shit..

Make an omelet of them and if you die or see weird things you will know they are bad or good.

Probably some spores in the mulch. I noticed a great patch of fungi at the flower beds side of the road today but they didn't look edible.

looks to me like the dreaded Andalusian Hop Mirkle......the main reason hops are not very good in most Asian countries,

But Chinese hops are great for bulk buys aren't they?

I am thinking you should use it in beer, it's grown on hops yeah? That is like a fungal harvest in the off season and a hoppy harvest in the on season. Beer making ingredients all year round! What could possibly go wrong?

:eek: What the????

Did it produce flowers prior to seeding? One would imagine it flowering in order for pollination to occur... Like I have the slightest clue. :lol:

Latest posts

Back