What About This For A Phone Install

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airgead

Ohhh... I can write anything I like here
Reaction score
phone_beirut3_small.jpg

From Beirut apparently where during the war people just wired their own phones into the nearest junction box.

Looks like the wiring behind my home theatre, I hate rewiring that thing after I change something!

warrenlw63 said:
Looks strikingly similiar to my keg lines. :party:

Warren -
[post="68810"][/post]​

Or Wortgames immersion chiller :D

Borret

Speaking of wort chillers. No! It's not mine. :D

Der Commissar would have me flogged and sent to Kiev along with this chiller. ;)

Chiller.jpg

Looks like it's been used to gove someone a colonoscopy

Borret

looks like the wiring in my car at the moment. its true what they say about tradesman and their posessions. me being a electronic tech my wiring is all over the shop

Borret said:
Or Wortgames immersion chiller :D
[post="68813"][/post]​

Or Capn sensibles, I am sure he can come up with some sound physics type explanation for the apparent dissaray!

Looks like some ethernet cabling patch panels I've seen in the past :p

Doc

Doc said:

Doc
[post="68862"][/post]​

Obviously not Krone one's Doc, we design em much better than that!

Borret

Borret said:
Doc said:

Doc
[post="68862"][/post]​

Obviously not Krone one's Doc, we design em much better than that!

Borret
[post="68867"][/post]​

Really? I want to shoot the person that designed your 32port 1ru panel. Punching that sucker down is the biggest pain in the bum.

As for looking like patch panels, i have seriously seen one similar to that, maybe started out organised, but was over like one of the first cat3 installs, and the owners had done their own cabling over the years (was only serial for dumb terms).

Doc said:

Doc
[post="68862"][/post]​

So you've been in public service data centres?

Looks like a patch panel I let in Sydney. You'd have it all organised, but over time the flimsy cable management (Krone I believe :) ) would give way, and one particular manager and various contractors would patch as they saw fit. In the end I gave up trying to keep it in some sense of order.

Have been to many MDF's that look similar.

Got to love the way they hand out Austel licences to anyone these days...

Even worse when you get an IT guy who decides to install his own patch panels, then uses only 2mtr long patch leads in a 600mm high rack full of routers/servers and patch panels.....and yes the 32 port 1ru panel sucks real bad....

Makes you want to drink beer.....

nonicman said:
Looks like a patch panel I let in Sydney. You'd have it all organised, but over time the flimsy cable management (Krone I believe :) ) would give way, and one particular manager and various contractors would patch as they saw fit. In the end I gave up trying to keep it in some sense of order.
[post="68918"][/post]​

Nah..You guys are all wrong. See the guy on the left with a cable in his hands, that is me. That picture looks like the project they game me when I applied for a job with telstra as a linesman. The guy on the right is the boss waiting for me to find the correct patch. I hope he is patient as I gave up in discust years ago...

:chug:
PeterS....

Actually it's Telstra working out how the f#@%k they are going to get some 'thing' I think they call 'ISDN' (?) down to the wharf at Goolwa so we can take fantastic plastic in future when we eventually open. I love it when someone from Perth has to ring me here in SA to tell me it will take another 10 weeks at least...
Cheers!

Latest posts

Back