What A Bargain

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
warrenlw63 said:
10 gal Rubbermaid Coolers.

$28 Oz. What a pity about shipping

Rubbermaid Coolers

Yanks have all the luck. :(

Warren -
[post="74860"][/post]​

Crazy - Probably all made in China & no more expensive to ship here - Trade in this country is sooo uncompetetive at times, it stinks...

And they reckon we've a got a free-trade agreement with the Yanks? :unsure:

Wonder who the bigger winner is there? <_<

Warren -

Yeah I spotted 5 and 10 gallon Rubbermaids in Kmart when I was in the states for under $20US for 5 gallon and about $20US for the 10gallon. Couldn't believe how cheap they were. Its no wonder so many people over there use them for brew vessels. Wish I could have thrown some in the luggage to bring home to sell onto other brewers. Here they are a fortune, so someones making some money-again :rolleyes:.

Cheers, Justin

Rubbermaid had a huge factory in the US but I believe it has shut down and production moved off shore.

I saw a doco on how a lot of this particular US community worked at the Rubbermaid factory and how they all got f*#ked over when it was shut and all the equipment was bought by Chinese factory owners. The doco was to do with the US free trade agreement with China (Bill Clinton's work i think?) and how it back fired as the US import a lot from China but not many Chinese are buying US made products (as you could imagine). With the influx of cheaper chinese made items, the sale of US made items dropped, hence factory closures and job losses

EDIT: whoops, sorry about the hi-jack :ph34r:

am said:
EDIT: whoops, sorry about the hi-jack :ph34r:
[post="74916"][/post]​

I think your post does a lot to explain this:

warrenlw63 said:
Yanks have all the luck. :(
[post="74860"][/post]​

Hence no hijack :)

Proceed...

Being a member of TAB, I think we should all be paying American prices for these tuns. I'll write to my MP.

Back