Westinghouse 150 Litre Frost Free Chest Freezer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muscovy_333

Reaction score
Anyone used one of these as a kegerator?

I think it will hold 2 x 20 litre kegs tbc

I have a birthday coming up and have been contemplating a small mobile bar build for a house with no room.

Kegerator in an old TV stand on wheels pimped with some noice timber trimmings...
Would appreciate your thoughts, particulalrly if you have used or own one.

I use a bigger one 320lt I think and its great. My first one never worked from the word go (dont think it had gas in the lines) but got it replaced and its great. Its got drain holes so you can drain 99% the water out unlike the old ones you have to climb in there to soak it up.

Anyone used one of these as a kegerator?

I think it will hold 2 x 20 litre kegs tbc

I have a birthday coming up and have been contemplating a small mobile bar build for a house with no room.

Kegerator in an old TV stand on wheels pimped with some noice timber trimmings...
Would appreciate your thoughts, particulalrly if you have used or own one.

Hey Muscovy,

That sounds awsome mate. It would be a blast to have that sort of beer dispenser at a small house. Go for it. I have done larger freezer conversions, but you just need to think it right out:

Where each keg will fit?

Will the lid still close?

How will you get the gas to the kegs and the beer from the kegs?

How to to control the freezer at say 3Deg.C, so your lovely beer does not freeze.

Are you going for a font or taps or pluto?

When I set these up I make up cardboard cut outs of the bits I need to fit, kegs, gas bottles, chillers, resourvoirs, and lay it out inside the freezer(s) before deciding on exactly what to do. Then when it all looks like fitting buy / measure again then cut.

Good luck on the bash :)

Hey Muscovy,

That sounds awsome mate. It would be a blast to have that sort of beer dispenser at a small house. Go for it. I have done larger freezer conversions, but you just need to think it right out:

Where each keg will fit?

Will the lid still close?

How will you get the gas to the kegs and the beer from the kegs?

How to to control the freezer at say 3Deg.C, so your lovely beer does not freeze.

Are you going for a font or taps or pluto?

When I set these up I make up cardboard cut outs of the bits I need to fit, kegs, gas bottles, chillers, resourvoirs, and lay it out inside the freezer(s) before deciding on exactly what to do. Then when it all looks like fitting buy / measure again then cut.

Good luck on the bash :)

I figure if i can fit 2 kegs in at once i will be more than happy.

I have a galvanised TV cabinet on casters that i scored from a local Primary School chuck out session. It is currently the home for my grain bins in my man cave...but i have bigger plans for it!

Got the old fire extinguisher rigged up for teh gas, and a few plutos floating around. I'm pretty sure if i built a collar for this model freezer it will do the trick. Nice and compact and mobile. Wheel it in for the function, back to the brew cave for weekly requirements.

I figure if i fabricate a nice finish for the stand, and hide the freezer in amongst it it should look teh goods as well.

I will pop some picks up when i get it started

Back