Westgate Stout Extravaganza 2012

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ferg: When will you finalise judging and stewarding?

Only reason I ask is because I could enter all 3 categories but if asked to judge or steward one of them, I won't (1 entry can possibly fit two styles so will still enter the beer - just depends on where.)

Cheers

@Cambrew: If you mail it in time, clearly label it and include the entry fee, I reckon you'd be fine. I've mailed beers all over the country and all have shown up at the required destination. Just do it ahead of schedule so the beer has time to settle after being shaken around (unless it's bottled from keg etc).

I'm thinking about entering as my first entry to a competition ever.

Is feedback on the beer provided or is it simply just a list of the top three's?

Feedback sheets are written by all judges for every beer and returned to competitors (at least in all VICBREW sanctioned comps such as this one).

Quality of feedback may vary according to the judge and the time in the flight when they taste the beer but it's not limited to 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

I would really like to enter this comp but I have no way of getting my beer there. :(
I'm sure Westgate will allow you to mail an entry to one of their members - or just send it to Grain and Grape.
We (Melbourne Brewers) had one mail-in-entry for our recent British Ales comp was no problem.
Since entries close -for most all comps- 1 week before the competition, it gives the beer ample time to settle.

Ferg: When will you finalise judging and stewarding?

Only reason I ask is because I could enter all 3 categories but if asked to judge or steward one of them, I won't (1 entry can possibly fit two styles so will still enter the beer - just depends on where.)

Cheers

@Cambrew: If you mail it in time, clearly label it and include the entry fee, I reckon you'd be fine. I've mailed beers all over the country and all have shown up at the required destination. Just do it ahead of schedule so the beer has time to settle after being shaken around (unless it's bottled from keg etc).
Manticle,
Can you email [email protected] and I'll let the comp organiser know..although I think you have already done so and I've forwarded your details to Michael Bowron the comp organiser..sorry on the iPhone and can't check...

I'm sure Westgate will allow you to mail an entry to one of their members - or just send it to Grain and Grape.
We (Melbourne Brewers) had one mail-in-entry for our recent British Ales comp was no problem.
Since entries close -for most all comps- 1 week before the competition, it gives the beer ample time to settle.
Thanks Wolfy...
Might I suggest that the entry is sent to the Grain and Grape...just be a bit easier...
Obv make sure it is well packaged and well labeled !
Cheers
Ferg

Just a heads up for the day time crew.....
Entry form is on lower part of page one of this thread ...
Cheers
Ferg
Secretary
Westagtebrewers

email sent. Have a beer to enter, should be able to help if required. Hell, I'm even at G&G next week so can enter it early!

Last day tomorrow for drop off or it's gonna have to be at the venue , on the day...
See you there !
Ferg

Do I need to pre-register if I'm dropping off on the day?

Do I need to pre-register if I'm dropping off on the day?
No bloke, just have it in by the due time..which off the top of my head is 12.30 pm !
Please stick around , have a beer and a meal and try some of the entries !!
I'll be there , hopefully by 12.30 ( 1 yr old permitting ) , so say g'day and have a beer...
I'm the short fat bloke with the ginger side burns lol
Cheers
Ferg

Latest posts

Back