Western Victoria Brewery road trip

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ismellbanana

Reaction score
Planning a road trip from Adelaide along the Great Ocean Road, heading briefly into Melbourne (Grain & Grape for supplies) then north for a bit and back through Grampians. Don't want to go too far east of Melbourne as I only have a week. Would like to see some great breweries who have quality beer. Any recommendations?

Not an exhaustive list by any means but heres a few, heading in an easterly direction:

Forrest Brewery - In the Otway ranges, a side trip from the Great Ocean road
Prickley Moses - In a similar area but they have a brew pub at Apollo Bay and i think Queenscliff where they serve their beers
Rogue Wave - Aireys Inlet
There are a few more around Torquay/Geelong but ive only been to the Little Creatures/White Rabbit setup in Geelong.
Rock Paper Scissors, or some combination of that are soon to open up in Halls Gap, Grampians but not sure when exactly
Ballarat has a few but again, havnt been to them. The Mallow and Hop Temple are good beer bars though.

sounds great, I'm in planning mode. I'm particularly interested in the microbrewery with taps, not necessarily brewpubs. A reconnisance holiday! Keep them coming. My easterly limit is probably Healesville through to Shepparton.

Back