Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

Western Victoria Brewery road trip

Discussion in 'Beer, Pub & Brewery Reviews' started by ismellbanana, 12/3/19.

1. ismellbanana

Posted 12/3/19
    Planning a road trip from Adelaide along the Great Ocean Road, heading briefly into Melbourne (Grain & Grape for supplies) then north for a bit and back through Grampians. Don't want to go too far east of Melbourne as I only have a week. Would like to see some great breweries who have quality beer. Any recommendations?

2. Slug

Posted 13/3/19 at 6:00 AM
    Not an exhaustive list by any means but heres a few, heading in an easterly direction:

Forrest Brewery - In the Otway ranges, a side trip from the Great Ocean road
    Prickley Moses - In a similar area but they have a brew pub at Apollo Bay and i think Queenscliff where they serve their beers
    Rogue Wave - Aireys Inlet
    There are a few more around Torquay/Geelong but ive only been to the Little Creatures/White Rabbit setup in Geelong.
    Rock Paper Scissors, or some combination of that are soon to open up in Halls Gap, Grampians but not sure when exactly
    Ballarat has a few but again, havnt been to them. The Mallow and Hop Temple are good beer bars though.

3. ismellbanana

Posted 13/3/19 at 7:07 AM
    sounds great, I'm in planning mode. I'm particularly interested in the microbrewery with taps, not necessarily brewpubs. A reconnisance holiday! Keep them coming. My easterly limit is probably Healesville through to Shepparton.