Western suburbs beer bars? Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianj84

Reaction score
Hey, so I recently bought a house in yarraville and was wondering if anyone knew of any beer bars or good bottle shops around that area apart from the junction.

Cheers

photo's of the shed!! ;) ...there is a shed right?

sorry cant help with bars out that way... I try to steer clear of that area :p

Catch train out to park hotel in werribee one of the best bottle lists you will see in melbourne. Only takes about 20 mins on train and its two stumbles from station to door

Welcome to Yarraville !
I'm in Francis st...
You'll find that the Junction Hotel in Newport is pretty special...
There is also Sobroso in Seddon that has more of a wine focus but several good craft beers ( they actually also own the Junction)
Don't bother with The Blarney Stone in the village
There is a good cocktail lounge upstairs in Ballarat st called Acqua Vino
And of course the grain and grape also have a good selection of take aways
The thirsty camel in Victoria st seddon also has a pretty good selection of craft beers
Also the Prince Albert in Douglas parade , Williamstown hsa three or four craft beers on tap
Cheers
Ferg

fergthebrewer said:
Also the Prince Albert in Douglas parade , Williamstown hsa three or four craft beers on tap
Good food at the prince albert too.

Can also vouch for the Park in Werribee. Popped in there Saturday and there beer range was as varied and awesome as always. Helped myself to a Mountain Goat Fancy Pants, a Hop Czar and and finished off with a Bling IPA.

There is a japanese cafe or food market in seddon that sell the bairds beers they have done tastings at the junction dont know the name though

The malt and vine bottle shop is only 10 metres down from junction also

Cool thanks,
I'm also on Francis street,

I'll check some of them out.
Cheers

What type of brewer are you , Ian ?
I'm up the Wembley ave shops end of Francis st...

Ha, same. We just bought a house up that end of Francis street. All grain brewer. I have a single tier 3 vessel system, 2 pumps, etc.

Seems to me that we should have a beer at some stage ...
I'm a 4 vessel herms with pid control
Handy being so close to Grain and Grape !
I'm also involved with Westgate brewers...

Sounds awesome man. My house settles next month. I'd love to get involved in a club, that sounds great
A beer is a must.

Cheers

Yob ,
Your just jealous !
I'm scared that if its the house I'm thinking of , it's almost across the road...just as well there is a truck curfew..could get sploofed by a truck attempting to get home after one or five lol
Ferg

fergthebrewer said:
Seems to me that we should have a beer at some stage ...
I'm a 4 vessel herms with pid control
Handy being so close to Grain and Grape !
I'm also involved with Westgate brewers...
I can confirm that Ferg has 3 very large vessels and 1 oddly shaped one..... but I have have touched his PID :ph34r:

Just make sure you check the best before dates at Malt & Vine. Got a couple over 12 months past BB. Not bad, but not sure if they were quite as the brewer intended.

The Steam Packet, Williamstown looks to be having a reasonable range of beers available as well, with a guest tap or 2.

Wonder if junction get their bottles through malt and vine. Had a bridge port imperial red the other day with best before date March 2013. Tasted like crap.

They gave me a greenflash ipa instead much better!

Seddon wine store is overpriced IMHO... Better selection at the thirsty camel across the road IMHO

Latest posts

Back