West Australian

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vlad the Pale Aler

Cereal Killer
Reaction score
Did anyone read todays effort by Vic Crossland ?
Can someone scan it and post it, in the jokes section if possible.

Vic usually just parrots press releases and other peoples tasting notes, but is running a small column for "beer-ginners".
Firstly suggesting that homebrew cannot hold its head then telling us we can remedy it by using a glass that has been just used for nitro-swill and still has the foam in the bottom. Just pour your homebrew onto it and you will have a head on your flat home brew.
The mind boggles.

Vlad the Pale Aler said:
Did anyone read todays effort by Vic Crossland ?
Can someone scan it and post it, in the jokes section if possible.

Vic usually just parrots press releases and other peoples tasting notes, but is running a small column for "beer-ginners".
Firstly suggesting that homebrew cannot hold its head then telling us we can remedy it by using a glass that has been just used for nitro-swill and still has the foam in the bottom. Just pour your homebrew onto it and you will have a head on your flat home brew.
The mind boggles.
[post="66539"][/post]​

Hi Ian

Todays paper? I read it and didnt see anything from Vic the fwit. Sure it was todays? Where in the paper?

I don't trust the writings of a man who sits and smokes cigars while taking "subjective" notes on beer.

Not big fan of his work. I have read a number of his beer reviews and he seems close minded and very derivative in his beer knowledge. Haven't read todays paper so can't comment on his latest waffle......

Ah, threw it away with the racing section. He really is a f wit. I am sure I recall him talking about freshly malted hops in one of his columns.

vic.jpg

Good to see some quality stuff in the west ;) hope they dont't pay for shite like that.

well - its certainly up to par with the rest of the rubbish they publish in the name of journalism.

When shredded and mixed with lawn clippings and manure, The Werst Australian makes excellent compost.

Anyone have a bottle of Batz's oktoberfest left from last years christmas case? That beer had no problems holding a head. And my Belgians dont have a problem.

Maybe we should invite this misguided soul to our next gathering, show him what dedicated craft brewers can do. Who knows, we might even get some good publicity out of it.

barfridge said:
Maybe we should invite this misguided soul to our next gathering, show him what dedicated craft brewers can do. Who knows, we might even get some good publicity out of it.
[post="66580"][/post]​

Would you want a bloke like that reporting on your next gathering :blink:
It would be a very expensive hobby if you had to cough up for a carton of nitro-swill for every batch of HB. The mind boggles.

Just send him a half kilo of Carapills in the mail... B)

He'd open it, take one look & have the building evacuated.... Shouting "Ive got a package containing an unknow substance!!!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Asher for now

What about Coopers SA? When I pour a glass the head's gone within minutes and this is the finest beer we produce in OZ. Is this idiot saying that we should all be mixing it with mass produced English product? I think we should start a letter writing campaign to have him sent to a re-education camp.

pbrosnan said:
I think we should start a letter writing campaign to have him sent to a re-education camp.
[post="66604"][/post]​

In Siberia? :lol:

Shawn.

Whatdf?!? <_<

Possibly this chap has permanently greasy lips or his hands on his chapstick? ;)

Warren -

Is this wanker a west australian, or is it like most of the paper, just emailed over from the east?

case

On a positive note, the rest of that beer page talked about the new brewery that has opened up in Pemberton. Anyone been there for a tasting? The write up of it sounded quite good.

Tip for Beer-ginners was stupid but he is a beer writer which means he was probably drunk at the time.

Back