Welders

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eviljesus

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm chasing someone who can TIG weld. I have some copper and stainless pieces that need joining. It would be less than 1/2 of work for someone who knows what they are actually doing. Can pay in beer or spirits or cash (preferably the first 2).

If you're willing and able to help, shoot me a PM or even if you can just point me in the right direction I would be most appreciative.

Cheers

You might want to silver solder s/s to copper it will be much easier to get done. There are some food grade solders that you can get. Any plumber should be able to help you out.

I did give that crack, with some so-so results. The solder was a bit too soft for my liking.

some solders are quite soft, you might try your luck with something like silphos or equivilant. Stuff is tougher than the materials you are trying to join.

Bloke on ebay up that way does it - he sells water purifiers.

Seems like a decent honest enough bloke if it is. I've been meaning to buy one of his purifiers for a while but other things stole my money.

Cheers for the leads guys. I know exactly who you guys were talking about now. Didnt even think to get him to do them for me when I go and pick up a nice big boiler. The welds required may be for a purifier of sorts ;)

Cheers!

Back