Welcome New Moderators 2013

• Thread starter bradsbrew
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lord Raja Goomba I said:
I'd better get brewing then! Supplies are low and I've not brewed for a while (and been too lazy to bottle a batch which is quite possible infected, though I haven't tried to look at it).

I was thinking that the first "you aren't a Taswegian" comment would come from you, LB.

Even Burnie people, Devvies and Launnie people all pay out Mifton, so I reckon it's fair game for a non-local.

Oops - I had better moderate myself for taking it :icon_offtopic:

post removed at the direction of Bradsbrew. Questioning moderator descisions is against the rules.

Great to see we have some new mods who are actually on here a lot, long time coming, congrats on the green jackets guys.

ED: bradsbrew, if you could, and you were able to edit, my PM box may not look so bland :ph34r:

Good work guys. Some familiar and respected names up on the board so far. Definitely good to see that the mods are regular contributors on the forums, and good luck to all of you...

Now is the time to grasp the mettle and put Speedy on the team.

Thanks Brad.

Unfortunately speedie wasn't available to represent WA.

QldKev said:
I see Brad is now wearing a different jacket color.
That means Brad is our boss then....

Congrats Brad!!

punkin said:
Admin can.
Punkin my life is not that boring that I would want to read other peoples PMs.

First thing I told Austin was that I would not do that and Austin is of the same opinion. Reading peoples PMs is not on.

Cheers

Also for everyones information.

Basically I have taken the role to help out Austin with the admin side of things, having an admin in our time zone should help solve some problems as they arise. Mainly helping members out with settings etc, also helping you guys out where I can.

This will free up time for Austin to work on the software side of things like the recipe DB and wiki etc.

The mod team is working on getting a set of moderating guidelines in place and agreed to. This will help to make the moderating consistent and transparent.

Should be an announcement regarding this in the next week.

Please remember that the mods and I do this job in our free time as a service to the brewing community on AHB. Having more active mods helps to share the workload.
If your unhappy with anything we do, a constructive PM will serve a lot better than having digs at us on the open forum. This is why we stand strong on questioning moderation decisions on the forum.

I had a dig at you?

Don't think so Brad, merely commented on the fact that admin can read PM's. You've just made that up.

Twice now you've had a public dig at me, but there's no rule protecting members from that of course.

punkin said:
I had a dig at you?

Don't think so Brad, merely commented on the fact that admin can read PM's. You've just made that up.

Twice now you've had a public dig at me, but there's no rule protecting members from that of course.
Punkin, I quoted you regarding the reading pm's thing. The rest was just me passing on information to the rest of the board, I was not having a dig at you.

I have edited the post to save you being upset.

Admin were able to both read and delete PMs on the old board, happened several years ago when we were running a small bulk buy on the taboo (at that time) product BrewBrite of which we were not allowed to speak, using PMs rather than a BB thread. All the organiser's PMs on the subject got deleted, so we completed the buy via web based Email and had the split up at Chappo's place.

Of course such a thing wouldn't happen on the new open and honest board :)

Good to see some firm modding anyway, we'll need it for the next Chinese Hop buy threads :p

Disappointed no half-fix.

Back