Welcome Aboard

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dago001

Move Along - Nuthin To See Here
Reaction score
Just wanted to be the first person to post in this forum.
Yippee for me
Cheers
LagerBomb

This has got to be better than google groups. :)

Should be good if we remember to use it! Jo about the off flavours night eh? Brewing opens many doors...

Spork said:
This has got to be better than google groups. :)
Correct. I just sat down to set something up here. Cheers Nathan.

So I'm contemplating putting on a brewday next weekend for any who are interested. Dunno what day as yet, will depend on the weather (I'd like to get out and catch some fish)/ interest in anyone coming around and what works for potential guests. Could be a good chance to sample each others brews, something we haven't done a lot of yet, and see my continuing struggle with the new brewery. It'll be my 5th brew on it! What will I forget this time?!
Anyone interested?

jlm said:
So I'm contemplating putting on a brewday next weekend for any who are interested. Dunno what day as yet, will depend on the weather (I'd like to get out and catch some fish)/ interest in anyone coming around and what works for potential guests. Could be a good chance to sample each others brews, something we haven't done a lot of yet, and see my continuing struggle with the new brewery. It'll be my 5th brew on it! What will I forget this time?!
Anyone interested?
Hi jlm.
It might be better to start a new topic for this, rather than use this thread.
Try here http://aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/88-new-forum/ as I think that this is the Tassie Brewing forum.
Cheers
lagerBomb

Oh what is it with you Lonnie blokes. Do you have a copy of my shift roster, and don't want me to come along. Feeling threatened by the success of a brewer not from Launceston.
Just kidding, but I would love to come but as stated I am working that weekend. (Got the Dark Lager in a keg as well, so you blokes miss out again)
Cheers
LagerBomb

LagerBomb said:
Oh what is it with you Lonnie blokes. Do you have a copy of my shift roster, and don't want me to come along. Feeling threatened by the success of a brewer not from Launceston.
Just kidding, but I would love to come but as stated I am working that weekend. (Got the Dark Lager in a keg as well, so you blokes miss out again)
Cheers
LagerBomb
Well, its part of the conspiracy against other parts of Tas, don't get me started on what we do to those bastards down south. I can see a dark lager-off happening. I rate my schwartz, however it didn't make it into that comp.........If only we knew what the judges would have thought........

I keep clicking on that link and it brings me back here.....Must be some kind of NW black magic you're trying to hypnotise me with and make me brew a dud.

Anywho....will be brewing V2 of a rye porter next weekend. 84% extract into the kettle today, Shit yeah.....At last some consistency.

*** Oh yeah...We're waiting to have our own group set up so no threads in our own forum.....I guess we can't hurry things up too much at the moment with the upgrade and all.

Who cares what the judges think - as long as its black and malty, and not full of hops, it will be good. Bloody hop heads think they rule the brew world. I'm here to tell you that they don't - IPA's are for amateurs who are learning how to brew. Use heaps of hops to cover up their mistakes.
Anyway, not sure what the story is with the link. If I click it it takes me to the original Forum page.
If you go to the Meetups and brew clubs forum - click click brewclubs and at the bottom of the page is the link (new forum - tassie brewers)
I will post it in the forum and see what happens.
Cheers,
Black MagicLagerBomb

Yep. Brewed a basic lawn mower pale ale today. When I fed the spent grain to the chooks, they had a taste then looked at me like....."Where the good shit?"

Never had chooks, but have given my mashed grain to friends who have chooks, and the chooks have always loved it. i suppose that has something to do with the award winning poor efficiency in my system.
The chooks love the NW Black Magic grain....

Back