Weiss Weddings

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnno

It's YUMMY
Reaction score
"With this beer, I thee wed," intoned Victoria Savage, co-owner of Washington State's North Fork Brewpub, Pizzeria and Beer Shrine.

Does this sound too good to be true?

You're not dreaming - more breweries and brewpubs are putting the "ale" back in bridal.

It's not so much a trend, as a return to the roots of wedded romance. In the Middle Ages, you could expect to get hitched with your honey's beer in hand -- quite literally, the "bride's ale."

Full story at Beercook dot com.

johnno

Last wedding I went to they only had VB at the reception. I wasn't in a wine mood so spent a fortune on pale and sparkling. Then went to the Exeter in my fancy duds.

The chances of my girly ever wanting to get married in a brew pub are slim to buckleys. Great idea though.

C'mon Kai, you could have the buck's night at the same time as Bushrat's at Grumpy's!

tdh

Kai said:
Last wedding I went to they only had VB at the reception. I wasn't in a wine mood so spent a fortune on pale and sparkling. Then went to the Exeter in my fancy duds.

The chances of my girly ever wanting to get married in a brew pub are slim to buckleys. Great idea though.
[post="75857"][/post]​
We didn't get married in a brew pub, but we did have the reception in the best real-ale pub in Exeter, with a cask of Teignworthy Springtide for the guests to help themselves from. If anybody got bored with that, there was a selection of 8 or 10 other real ales available from the bar.

A little too early for my tastes tdh.

Latest posts

Back