Weed Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam

Reaction score
weed in beer, what an idea

I used 1 gram of bud per 375ml stubby. I steeped it in water (about 70C) for 1 hour to remove shitty tannins and the like. Then put in the stubbies and sealed. After two weeks drained out bud, primed and sealed again. 2 weeks later drank.

very, very tasy brew. i used it in my aussie pale using coopers pale ale yeast and pride of ringwood. very citrus/full flavour. plus, there was nothing like having the slight smell of weed in the aroma.

if (when) i do it again, i think i'll use a shirt load of leaf instead, hopefully cheaper. I think i'd try a barley wine (about 10L) and just put all the leaf in the secondary fermentor for a week.

These guys did it properly, and if Michel Jackson liked it, it must be good.

http://www.onr.com/user/liberty/Marijuana/...Beer/MBeer.html

BTW - the THC is soluble in ethanol, thusly transfused into the brew. Not sure about heating it. got nicely bent off one stubbie.

good luck

sam

Just picking up on a old thread that didn't get any replies at all hours. roadies life!

It looks like you and i are the only ones interested in doing this sam.
I think that your idea will be like empting the lawn mower in the fermentor, just to much grass.

you want the extracted oil from the pot but not all the green stuff.
heres a idea.
http://www.skotrat.com/skotrat/recipes/spe...recipes/10.html.

so you should only use the leaves from close too the buds and only if they look to be covered in cystals. Then you do the method from that link.

I've been hanging to give it a go. A stubbie of this 'indoor hydro adelaide hops' barleywine is gunna be one hell of a beer.
Not one you have on tap for everyone who pops round.
i might just do a simple coopers bitter can in 4.5 litres which will give a 1.115 og.
then do the pot like in the b & g recipe with vodka.
i think the next best step would be adding the oil from the distilling method.
just bulk prime with a cap of oil or two.

cheers jayse
oh i think the eastern state people get arrested for just talkng about this don't they.

Jayse,

I'm certainly interested in making this, but I don't think the cost/benefit analysis stacks up. Apparently you don't get anywhere near as much THC when you brew with it as when you smoke it, so it sounds like a waste of weed to me.

Snow

the cost is a big factor esspecially since your better of just smoking it for the full affect.
i might just stick with doing a few stubbies with the distilled oil made with the best grade ethanol you can get.
i won't discuss the price or availibilty of this stuff here even on the dope grower sites the admin. don't allow posting anything about the black market side of things.
lets just say a cap of this oil is worth less than a pack of smokes here in adelaide.

mmmmmm
:blink:
:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
see no evil speak no evil here no evil
i love experimentation

DevilLeft.gif

i might name this brew after you bigd.
hows.
'Harley rider from the north. Adelaide hydro 'hops' barley wine' sound'.

spot on jayse
will expect a keg awaiting me when i hit adelaide next year.

a keg bigd.
don't think so but a couple of stubbies will be arranged.

:D
your on
and you will i hope be coming with me and batz and quite a few other adelaide homebrewers for a feed and beers at grumpys.

Latest posts

Back