Wee Stu Goes All Grain

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Siiren,

Did you speak with Max ????? Their is a new guy there that doesn't know about these HP regs.....I will post the model number tonite when I get home - I tested mine out last night and it was all under control......Jayse has the same reg as me - and crispy (not a namesake from a misguided burner) has the same as chillers.

PM me with ya phone number and I can ring ya..

Cheers
JSB

Well done Stu....... fantastic.

So what is next Scottish ..... Caladonian ...... Scottish. Do I have a yeast for you :D

Now just an aside I've had a couple of comments passed to me that indicate some people who know no better are concerned that a new group of Adelaide all grain brewers is referred to as the "Mini-Flocs". They have chosen to believe through ignorance or design that somehow thisis a put down to enthusiasm.

I shall explain.

I decided to contact some almost and current all grain brewers here in Adelaide with the view of sharing a brew day and the possibility of getting a support group started to circumvent crap advice. I had already started brewdays with some of the guys on this list so a logical extension was to get everyone together. The response was immediate and Stu thankfully stepped in and contacted those who had indicated interest and we had our first gathering.

I'm also part of a grain group in Adelaide that was formed 2 years ago to satisfy a totally different need, this group is private and is not a club. We are oft referred to as the Flocculators and as a humourous discussion point the the guys in the group meeting at my place decided to dub themselves the "Mini-Flocs".

The "Mini-Flocs" has already reached close to capacity so if you want to form a support group for All grain brewing here is a great opportunity.

I have to admit annoyance when I read or hear about references to any grain brewing group as eletist or snobbish. It reflects the insecurities of the poster and does nothing to further our hobby.

If anyone would like help on some simple ideas to get an all grain group started please contact me.

Steve Nicholls.

Wee Stu,
Another one loses his "cherry"
Well done.
cheers
Darren

JSB,
Could you post the details of that regulator on this site or if not, would you mind sending me a PM with the details of brand and model etc.
Cheers and thanks

Nice one Wee Stu.
Make sure you keep us updated on the results. I'm sure they will be great.

cheers

Onya wee stu, there are so many more beers you will want to be brewing. Just train your daughter up to become your apprentice and she can then brew for you during the school holidays :p

C&B
TDA

Ok, Have bought my reg from Maxbilt.
FYI, model is Rambo medium pressure LPG reg #MPR-106.
Outlet pressure 0 - 3kg/cm2(44Psi), but you wont need the maximum.
the reg cost $38.50, but with 2m hose + 1/4 nipple cost $57.70.
I'm about to go test this sucker out!

johnno said:
Nice one Wee Stu.
Make sure you keep us updated on the results. I'm sure they will be great.

cheers
OK.
So, I thought it was a nice beer.
My family assured me any beer I made was wonderful in their eyes.
"Friends" told me it wasn't "quite up to the standards of West End Draught"

Nervously seeking a little more objective comment, I sought feedback by putting it into a competition - ANAWBS, the other comp based in SA, but open to interstate entrants too.

Dropping it off was very much like taking your first born to the first day at school!! Then you hope she's doing ok, and wait for the report card, fearing the worst.

The first born seems to be doing pretty well. The report card reads:
Best of Class in the Bitter Ales category :) !

Father is in a state of shock :blink: .......

...... and seeking remedial help for all grain three which came second last in it's class :angry:

Talk about beginner's luck :lol:

Now I've gotta keep going until I get it right again.

awrabest
wee stu :chug: :chug: :chug:

Nice work diminutive hibernian bloke, bit of independent feedback really helps you know where you are at. But be afraid, be very afraid, so many more classes to enter and master.

Nice work stu!

Just goes to show there's hope for the rest of us pint-sized pint-sipping pot-stirrers :)

Keep up the good work mate.

Well done there Stu

All ahead steam from here on :chug:

Winners were announced on ABC Radio on Saturday, and the awards show was on Sunday.
Individual results should get posted out soon, and the full book and net posting might be a little while later.
Pedro also won, in one of the lager classes (no great surprise there :D ). And Michael Lineage from the Adelaide Winemakers and Brewers Club won the stout.
Lot of the others went to Queensland and NSW brewers, from memory - but don't ask me names.

Congratulations wee stu, good effort for first up AG brew. Hope you saved some.

I got a photo of the little scottish man after he celebrated:

hardnight.jpg

Thanks DA... just what I needed on a quiet afternoon....

dreamboat

Back