• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

website deals of the day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dj - I got new ones for my sinbo style one off of aliexpress - undo 2 screws, replace the strip and the teflon tape and you are good to go. The issue may actually be that the teflon tape has been burned through in sections - so check that.

lael said:
dj - I got new ones for my sinbo style one off of aliexpress - undo 2 screws, replace the strip and the teflon tape and you are good to go. The issue may actually be that the teflon tape has been burned through in sections - so check that.
Thanks lael, will take a closer look at it. I noticed a 'mark' on the strip and felt like a slight raised bump so may be the tape deformed. Did aliexpress specify the brand/model or are there generic for all sealers based on the length?

My tape had burned a hole in it where the heat strip bends down into the recessed screw holes at each end

Mine is almost dead centre to the strip. Did you find a cost effective tape source or did aliexpress have that also? eBay seems to be $40+ for any Teflon heat tape

madpierre06 said:
Had a look at the rest of their site, seems they have some decent prices on beer glasses too:

Libbey - Assorted Beer Tasting Set 4pce - $16
MmeBfiT.png

Bormioli Rocco - Birra Pilsner Set 4pce - $19
bTNqnjO.png

Spiegelau - IPA 6pk - $35 (few bucks cheaper than Vic Basement)
5AtmQYQ.png

Bought one of the avancer bac sealers for $50 delivered, came in two days and it seams like a pretty good thing, vacc'd some hops and yeast and meat and it works well, comes with 10 bags to start with. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1453499193.161753.jpg

anyone know a cheap source of vac bags while the discussion of vac sealers is happening...

Not sure if this is the right section to put this in so admin please move if not.

I stumbled across a water flow meter that is cheap and easy to use. I have purchased one for my brewery and thought others may like/need one as well. I have no affiliation with the company I just think its a good product at a good price.

https://www.hoselink.com.au/buy/digital-flow-meter-gauge/5815

5815.jpg

Great idea but when I read about it in the link accuracy is only to 95%. Maybe I'm a bit OCD but for brewing purposes I'd want it to be a lot more accurate.

Yeh I thought that too but decided to order one anyway and check out the accuracy myself.

I first stumbled across it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9g6oMsbahs and it appears to be quite accurate.

I'll let you know how accurate it is when I get mine.

navarau said:
Not sure if this is the right section to put this in so admin please move if not.

I stumbled across a water flow meter that is cheap and easy to use. I have purchased one for my brewery and thought others may like/need one as well. I have no affiliation with the company I just think its a good product at a good price.

https://www.hoselink.com.au/buy/digital-flow-meter-gauge/5815
i can not see what it is made of.
Is it food safe?

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Mine is almost dead centre to the strip. Did you find a cost effective tape source or did aliexpress have that also? eBay seems to be $40+ for any Teflon heat tape
Hey DJ
Did you end up find a place to purchase Teflon heat tape that doesn't cost as much as a replacement ?

Latest posts

Back