• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

website deals of the day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a website but Form Home at DFO Brisbane has the above $16, I was unfortunately there yesterday but at least this made me happy I was.

This weekend at BigW Campmaster 52lt marine coolers 1/2 price. $74.50. Its this sat-sun but the price might go down friday night.

I was browsing through the Kogan website and saw these items which I thought might appeal to those who have been asked, "What do you want for Christmas?"

All these are currently discounted and come with free shipping (but check if your postcode is eligible).

http://www.kogan.com/au/

Double-walled insulated beer glasses.
You go to all that trouble to get your EBCs right only to bury the glass in a stubbie-holder? Go on, be a show off.

Kogan glasses.jpg

2.5 Litre beer tower dispenser.
Look good on the Christmas lunch table. Again, its all about the EBCs.

Kogan tower.jpg

Breath tester
A handy guide to safer driving, but cuts no slack in court for being DUI. Reckon if you start relying on these things too frequently, you either like living dangerously or you've maybe got a problem you need help with. My 2c.

Kogan DUI.jpg

Polished stainless steel ice cubes.
Apart from intended use as drink coolers, can be used to weigh down hop bags etc (sure, you can use any old ugly stainless fitting you have lying about, but everyone knows that polished stainless makes better beer).
Additionally, you can pop a few in your trouser pockets as an alternative to playing with your balls.

Kogan stones.jpg

Intelligent water kettle.
You can set the temp it warms to. Not sure about its homebew applications, but thought the yeast breeders and liquid yeast starter makers might find it useful. No? Well what about using it to heat a HERMS coil to a set temp? Ah f*ck it. I'll buy it for the wife.

Kogan kettle.jpg

Cheers.

crowmanz said:
Not sure if this should be separated into a new thread, but wondering if this burner, crab cooker and cooler combo is big enough (the pot and cooler) and powerful enough (the burner) for 23L-batch AG brewing? I haven't really done my research into AG setups just yet, but wondering if I should jump on this while I can. Is a 20L mash tun large enough then just add more water into the boil? Couldn't see the capacity of the crab cooker.

Think from memory that the outside pot is 38ltr. So you should just about be able to get a full volume 23 litre batch. I'd be working off filling a 20litre cube which might give you 21ish Ltrs and by the time you loose a little to the fermenter you'll be happy with 19ltrs into the keg.

In Target doing some Christmas shopping, soda stream gas cylinder (full) and a bottle on special $22.50 seems to good a deal to pass up for a future party keg system.Is it?

If your game enough to remove the bottle from the box, soda steam cylinders can be bought for $19.

In Target doing some Christmas shopping, soda stream gas cylinder (full) and a bottle on special $22.50 seems to good a deal to pass up for a future party keg system.Is it?

yes..good deal! I think paid $49 for my s-stream bottle from Big W.

Yeah I grabbed one, may go back for a second. Just have to hide it for a couple of months...

Or just buy one legit for $22.50... Didn't seem to bad to me then I'm assuming changeover price is $19

buckerooni said:
just got my missus to get me some of these for xmas: http://www.kitchenwaredirect.com.au/Davis-Waddell-Beer-Connoisseur-Glass-Set-6pc?sc=11&category=132721

Davis & Waddell Beer Connoisseur Glass Set 6pc - RRP $49 on sale for $21.
Sold out. However, they still have some good deals.
Spiegelau Beer Classics IPA Buy 4 Get 2 Free Set

Spiegelau IPA glasses buy 4 get 2 free $62
Spiegelau Stout set of 2 $32
Full range and prices of beer glasses & mugs
:icon_cheers:

dmac91 said:
Would the tasting paddle be big enough as a mash paddle for 40l urn?
You wouldn't know what wood it is or what it's been sealed with
Go to your local hospitality supply and buy a big stainless stirrer instead

First Choice have cartons (or cases depending where you are from ) of Hopworks IPA. 24 x 473ml cans. Only $73 bucks a carton from their website (my local store didn't have any). I see other places have it $144 a carton. That's the equivalent of $50 a carton of 330 ml bottles. Bargain!

Never tried it but it had great reviews. http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16353/39201/

Latest posts

Back